Reptile Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a thread in spider section earlier but it might have been better in here. My cricket sacks have contained loads of spiders recently and I fed some to one of my beardies yesterday. He had runny pooh today and it smelt BAD.

I was wondering what they was and if their poisonoius or something. They seam to be getting larger with each sack i get.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Bump... might be important.....

I wouldnt feed them personally.. id also switch suppliers, ive not heard of spiders being in with crix b4...
as there are so many types of spiders, some mean as hell i wouldnt do anyhting but get rid of them outside or down the loo :)

Also theres the chance they could poion the crix... maybe u should have aword with ur supplier..

Dean

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
they look just like young hatchlings of another spider to me. I think its overreacting but then i suppose its not my dinner we're talking about.

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its ok Nicky posted the photo on a spider site and they just turned out to be harmless crab spiders. Happily I havent come across any in the sack I picked up from the shop today and Angelina my bearded who had a few for her dinner the other day is now back to doing normal pooh. :D

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
ah ok, i can tell thats a crab spider, didnt know they wer definetly harmless though.
Still wouldnt have thought they should be in with ur crix, maybe if it was the spider it was jsut cos she hadnt had it b4 and it through her belly into "wacky" mode.

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i got blazey to open my cricket sack today and have a look first. Im too scared to pick them out :(

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp wimp

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
i have those ugly little spiders in with my crickets on a pretty much weekly basis. there definatly harmless just a bit gross. although they arnt as bad as the false black widows that i see lurking in my animal room sometimes. i remember dealing with them when i worked at bristol zoo they are really minging. how they have come to be in my animal room i have no idea. they must have come in with the crickets as well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
spiders in boxes

I've seen those in some boxes before sometimes up to 8 in a box, got so paranoid kept checking first. First time in a while my local cricket supplier had swopped over to a new supplier as the crickets better (which they are) and hey saw on saturday spiders again. I hate them. I have to look twice before catching any runaways before nabbing them. Now I am even more paranoid after these postings!

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:shock: 8 spiders in a small cricket tub? Id be having a mental breakdown every feeding time :lol:

Happily I still havent seen any spiders in my sack this week. :D There also wasnt any of those small black beetles and fluffy worms that my beardies love :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts