Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today, i grazed myself at work, and went to the fist aid box to get a plaster, inside i found a spray plaster, from TCP. i used it, and it covered the graze quickly, and dried to from a seal over the wound.

looking on the internet for info, i found a little about how it works, and wares off after a few days.

my question is, is it safe for snakes, or lizards.

i have a emergency first aid kit, that contains a few bandages, sterile saline(from eye wash) for flushing, tweesers, feeding syringe, masking tape(to secure bandages), gloucose and calcium powder(seperate) and a few other minor bits.

can i use this, and keep it in the kit incase of a cut, because it could, if safe, be a very good tool in the healing process.

has anyone elses used this, with good or bad results.

thanks for you help.

ps, id there anything else i sshould have in my emergency kit, just in case

·
Registered
846 Posts
Ik now its been used on Birds of prey legs and feet and was used on my dog when she got shot bbut i wouldnt know about reptiles, its meant to be safe for those allergic to the glue in regular plasters.
i will search about and see what i can find

·
Registered
846 Posts
Finger cots and condoms may also be used on lizard tails. Liquid and spray bandage products may also be used, both on lizards who consistently soak off their bandages and on a reptile whose defect is so extensive that bandaging is not possible.
Taken form Anapsid reptile site

Injuries require careful treatment. The aquatic behavior of the lizards delays the healing process, making them susceptible to infections. It is therefore advisable to keep an injured shinisaur in a dry, or at least only slightly moist, environment. The application of New-Skin Liquid Bandage to treat superficial wounds, is very beneficial in preventing infections.
Taken from reptilesmagazine.com

3M do a liquid bandage for pets

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats scary, was on that site earlier looking at the croc lizards, didnt know it was aka artificial skin.

thanks for that, will probably get some of the rep stuff soon.

thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts