Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imagine my panic this morning as i went to spray sprite to find him upside down lifeless...as i gently blew on him ANOTHER SPRITE popped out from behind his branch!!

My little GBB has shed successfully and as far as i can tell is much much bigger and has all legs etc. He's not happy as i had to break his pretty funnel web to remove the moult but he's looking good!

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
haha yup mines sometimes still trick me with moults lol :)

congrats on Sprites shiny suit!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Ooooh, congrats. Bet his colours will be stunning once he's hardened up :)

What size is he? Can you sex the moult?

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ooooh, congrats. Bet his colours will be stunning once he's hardened up :)

What size is he? Can you sex the moult?
I doubt it. Hes still sling coloured although he never comes out so i cant even see his colours. He's now roughly the size of a 10p piece. Hes only a baby!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I doubt it. Hes still sling coloured although he never comes out so i cant even see his colours. He's now roughly the size of a 10p piece. Hes only a baby!
Awww, cuteness. My Stella is about 2" after her moult a couple of week ago. She is now a juve :)

Her growth with moults has been quite impressive :D

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awww, cuteness. My Stella is about 2" after her moult a couple of week ago. She is now a juve :)

Her growth with moults has been quite impressive :D
Aw i cant wait till he comes out of hiding and i can see him. :lol2:
Hes still little but almost double in size he was about 1p sized when i got him, tiny little tot he was. But as far as i can see he's scoffed 2 crickets and moulted so i must be doing something right!
:2thumb:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
You're doing fine :)

GBB's are real gutsy ones too. Leave him a week now before feeding. I bet he'll jump on it :lolsign:

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're doing fine :)

GBB's are real gutsy ones too. Leave him a week now before feeding. I bet he'll jump on it :lolsign:
No probs. Will do. He is a feisty little thing. Was when i got him. Put a cricket in for him and he slammed it and nearlly knocked the box outta my hand. Dont think the pet store had been feeding them.:bash:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
:lol: Yeah, greedy aren't they?

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Hahaha bless. But if you find a spider on it's back don't blow on it or disturb it in any way ;) Spider's don't normally die on their back unless its in a bad moult :)

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hahaha bless. But if you find a spider on it's back don't blow on it or disturb it in any way ;) Spider's don't normally die on their back unless its in a bad moult :)
I didnt blow on it, more breathed really. Thought i'd lost my little baby. Ok i wont do it again promise. :blush: Didnt know if he was dead. Its strange he ate a cricket 3 days ago, came out of his web for a drink 2 days ago and then moulted.:flrt:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
When my little Red Knee had his first moult with me, he ate 2 days before his moult. Now he doesn't eat for weeks before it :lolsign:

My GBB has averaged not eating for about 4 weeks before her moults. :D

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm sure he'll slow down as he gets older. Our fire leg hardly eats at all.:2thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts