Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Staffordshire Exotic‘s Society

Following a few invite only meetings and lots of various pets, reptiles and various exotics we are now opening up our meetings to any other keepers, friends or interested people who want to turn up.

Date and time
The date of the next meeting is Sunday 25th September
The doors will open at 7:30. So turn up whenever you want after that.

Venue
We have the function room at The White Star pub in Stoke-on-Trent – it’s upstairs.

63 Kingsway
Stoke-on-Trent,
Staffordshire
ST4 1JB

There is a large pay and display car park next to the pub. This might be free on Sunday evening, but I am not sure as the charges keep changing so check this out before leaving your car.

The pub also has a wide selection of reasonably priced drinks including 10 hand pumps of good cask ale.

Animals
All animals are welcome so long as they meet a few conditions. We will at certain times also be putting on specific nights and events, with certain well known reptile enthusiasts turning up with some very unusual and interesting reptiles for a chat and a drink. But this will be a good opportunity to meet a wide range of unusual exotics and reptiles.

The conditions:

·All animals are brought entirely at your own risk, we are in no way responsible for their health, care, behaviour etc
·It is up to you to ensure that all health precautions are taken before the handling of your animal. Anti-bacterial hand wash will be provided.
·All animals must arrive and leave in secure containers.
·No venomous, dangerous or un-controllable animals (if in doubt feel free to ask)
·All animals must be at full health and have been with you long enough so that health problems can be identified to minimise the chances of disease’s being spread.
·Do not bring ill animals or animals that are unwell. If we believe an animal is ill or unwell, we will ask you to remove the animal from the premises to prevent disease spreading or further harm being caused.
·Please use common sense when deciding what animals to bring, do not bring your entire collection every month, one or two will be fine. We only have limited room, so don’t have the room to store your entire collection.
·There are some power sockets in the room (two), so you will need to sort out your own heat packs if required. We have no equipment spare, it is up to you to bring what you think you need. If your animal/s requires a constant temp bringing them to a meet may not be the best option

If in doubt of any of the above, or you wish to confirm feel free to ask via PM, email or on here.​

Contact

If you want any further information please feel free to contact me (spikebrit) on here.

Plan

Basically, we just turn up and have a chat and a drink with like minded people, along with the opertunity to see reptiles and other exotics you might not normally see. We have had some really interesting nights so far.

Things to come

We have various things planned in the future. Such as talks from some well known and interesting reptile and exotic enthusiasts. We will also be offering members discounts at some local shops and on some stock from local large breeders as well.

We look forward to meeting some more keepers and having a general chat with people. Previous meetings have been really good, fun, light hearted evenings and we want this to continue.​

·
Registered
17,668 Posts
Just had a word with the family, will deffo attempt to reach this one, its not too far away...

they are busy at the moment but they said they will have a look at it later on...

Not sure if I have anything worth bringing.... be good to meet some people though:no1:

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just had a word with the family, will deffo attempt to reach this one, its not too far away...

they are busy at the moment but they said they will have a look at it later on...

Not sure if I have anything worth bringing.... be good to meet some people though:no1:

Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Loads of Pm's so far, hoping you can all make it. May have to get a bigger venue if all these people turn up lol.

Jay

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Staffordshire reptile meet - unusual lizards

hi all,

Just wanted to let people know that we now have a Staffordshire Reptile meet. I have placed the general information in general chat here http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/general-herp-chat/746458-staffordshire-exotics-society.html

However, I wanted to mention to lizard keepers that we will have some really unusual lizards in attendance. Pending all going well there will be a selection of agama’s, along with Texas horned lizards, stenos and the more common leos and beardies along with some surprises as well.

The Texas horned lizard went down really well in the last meet and was really popular (after the ferret lol)
Jay

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Of those who have shown and interest will anyone be traveling back to Stafford? We have a member who wants to come but can't get back as public transport stops early.

If you can help drop me a PM.

Cheers
Jay

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I should be there. Might be in my finest clothes as I have a christening to attend on the same day :D

oh how very posh lol. Dont thik i've ever seen you in anything close to posh lol :Na_Na_Na_Na:

I'll make sure we have some boa's for you :p

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The next nights are now organised for the 30th October and Sunday the 27th November, looks like it is going to be the last sunday of every month from now on.

Last months was an ace night with the 12 foot albino Burmese, some occolated skinks and some CB grass snakes taken the main stage along with loads of other snakes and lizards (some rare ones as well) had at least 25 different reptiles in that night. So there were loads to see and talk about from the very rare to the common.

Hope to see you all again, if anyone has any pictures stick them up will remeber to put the ones i took up soon as well.

jay

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Whats happening to all the Staffordshire lizard people, there must be some of you out there.

Hope to see some of you this weekend at the next meeting.

Jay

·
Registered
29 Posts
Might pop along if thats ok? Am a newbie to retiles - just got my first Leopard Gecko.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is this invite/members only or can anyone come along?
What happens at these meets?

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is this invite/members only or can anyone come along?
What happens at these meets?
anybody, we have a good few turn up the the previous few meets.

Basically its a drink and chat with like minded people, we also have lots of animals that people bring along, including some very rare and unusual ones so it's a chance to see something you might not usually.

Also, once things get going more we have some great nights planned and have some really amazing talks planned with some awesome special quest appearance.

Jay

1 - 20 of 369 Posts