Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my snake collection, I'm thinking of moving up in stages of experience.
So far I've collected that it should go something like:
Corn, King, Milk or Royal
To
Carpet pythons
To
Blood pythons,
and Yadda yadda

I only care to go that far as of yet as I only own a JCP and a corn, so I'm looking for the next stage, but I'm not looking much into a blood.
Is there any other snake you know of with more or less the same experience as a blood?
Cheers. :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
It's kinda dumb to rank snakes- especially ranking Boids with Colubrids. Some keepers will never have the skill or knowledge to handle something like a Blood Python; and many keepers are content to just stick with Corns and Royals.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
For my snake collection, I'm thinking of moving up in stages of experience.
So far I've collected that it should go something like:
Corn, King, Milk or Royal
To
Carpet pythons
To
Blood pythons,
and Yadda yadda

I only care to go that far as of yet as I only own a JCP and a corn, so I'm looking for the next stage, but I'm not looking much into a blood.
Is there any other snake you know of with more or less the same experience as a blood?
Cheers. :2thumb:

Lol @ "stages" I went from a Corn to a bullsnake and then swiftly moved on to retics and Burms.

Just buy what you like and think you can manage.

BTW Blood pythons can be extremly aggresive, hold their own and are not for the feint hearted. Took me and my boyfriend to de shed one the other day - he was not happy...45 mins later and a bathroom covered in urate, shed and water he was looking lovely...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol @ "stages" I went from a Corn to a bullsnake and then swiftly moved on to retics and Burms.

Just buy what you like and think you can manage.

BTW Blood pythons can be extremly aggresive, hold their own and are not for the feint hearted. Took me and my boyfriend to de shed one the other day - he was not happy...45 mins later and a bathroom covered in urate, shed and water he was looking lovely...
I'm just staying away from the blood's reputation.
And I just want to know something I can take on. There's no way I'll be moving on to retics or burms for another 6 years or so. :whistling2:
Like the look of yellow condas, but they're known to be very unpredictable, so meh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts