Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my lil fellow "shim" yesterday the names kinda stuck now or at least until sexed thanks again suez

·
5,234 Posts
He is a nice, docile male although sadly did not retain much of the turquoise / blue coloration on his tail which is characteristic of juveniles. The female of the pair that produced your juvenile is the same (although in females this is more common) so it is pretty likely the blue tail which the juvenile currently has will fade a little.

Never-the-less, a great species with the potential to be really 'friendly'.

Andy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
day gecko

yeah totally understand about fading, im sure it will turn into a lil character and i noticed how friendly it was with suez yesterday,thinking i might take the dog thru for her to train aswell :2thumb:

·
5,234 Posts
yeah totally understand about fading, im sure it will turn into a lil character and i noticed how friendly it was with suez yesterday,thinking i might take the dog thru for her to train aswell :2thumb:
How friendly the juvenile was, or the male? The male Sue has isn't the father of this juvenile (but likely is the father of her recent clutches). The male pictured above is the father (unless I am very much mistaken), but he doesn't live with Sue. He bred with the mother (that does live with Sue) before we sold her.

The male Sue has, is actually a better example of the species in terms of colouration, and he is also VERY docile, thanks in part to both her and Ed (Pono) - his original owner.

Andy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
day gecko

sorry i meant how frienly the juvenile was, suez explained that the male she has now isnt the father,

·
5,234 Posts
Ah I see. I didn't think it was a conspiracy, Sue is very open and honest (a real gem in fact) but as I was typing, I realized that perhaps more time had passed than I thought...

Juveniles get 'tame' pretty easily. In fact, I would go as far as suggesting that this species is the most docile Phelsuma species (although this may be contentious). hey will readily (with patience) take food from your fingers, although it still isn't a good idea (in my opinion) to try to handle them. That said, there skin is not nearly as fragile as some other species.

Andy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
day gecko

i agree with you totally andy on all accounts, suez is a real gem and had plenty of advice and tips for me, ive no intentions of handling lil fella at all he is the "look but dont touch gecko" as i told kids

1 - 14 of 14 Posts