Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fed my Boa last night, everything went fine, then today i let her explore her new viv, but then i had to put her back in the tub as the viv's not decorated and there are no guards on the heat bulbs,i kept an eye on her and she never went anywhere near the lights, since i put her back she has been looking through the top of the tub,the tub is in the new viv, is she just sulking because she had it then it was taken away,or is she too big for the tub, she is about two foot long and the tub is 21"x15"x18".

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
just wants out,actual star gazing is a serious disease IBD which affects the nervous system ,notably in boas,and is incurable and contagious,have'nt seen a case for ages though so dont worry unduly.
regards gaz

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Never heard of it, but my boas once in a while tend to start gazing, normally under the light bulb. But normally it's only for a few minutes. Is there anything wrong with it, or is it just a basking position ?

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
star gazing due to IBD is semi permanent,not to be confused with a boa just exploring or stretching
regards gaz

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its not got a desease, it was just an expression as it was looking up, i should have thought about it before i put up and worried anyone :oops: , sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts