Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after my 1st attempt turned out ok I decided for my other Beardies tank I would try a theme, Star Wars it is lol.
Being desert Tatooine is the obvious choice so I made a basking side with cave and opposite side where it can be a bit more themed.

I prob should have taken some construction pics but I get so engrossed it all goes out the window lol. Still have the Star Wars side to actually do so i'll remember for then...

The basking side with cave

The Mos Espa side. Mos Eisley is too busy so Espa is a bit quieter :). The far wall is going to have the houses that are built into the walls, saves on space and still gives it the look. Like on my monitor.

Tatooine style house front, Actually quite difficult to shape polystyrene with a stanley knife when your trying to be accurate.

This is where I skipped a photo stage and grouted all over then painted in acrylic.

All decorated

Varnished and with the final coat some sand was added for texture.

I still have the main Star Wars part to do yet but its coming along. Wondering what to use for scrap parts that lay around Tatooine towns... Maybe look for some job toy lots on ebay and pull them apart?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Being a GIANT star wars fan, I cannot wait to see the end result!!! x

·
Registered
253 Posts
That is bloody brilliant :lol2: :no1:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh, this is superb! :thumb:

I'm planning to do a themed 3D viv in the not too distant future myself, so I'll be following how this develops for sure. Can't wait to see the end result. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts