Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need so some advice here,below are some pics of 1 of the stenodactylus sthenodactylus i have. He looks very thin. The guy i got them off only feed them twice a week,but i feed with the idea that 'if its there and they want it they will eat it' so this said i have been feeding them every other day (on loaded crix) and although i havent seen them eat the crix are going. is he a differant sort of steno petrii,doriae etc?? i am wondering if i should separate him?? i dont have anywhere to put him at mo i would have to buy something.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
I agree he is very thin. Do they not come out to eat when you feed them? What time do you feed them?
Mine usually come running out to feed.
Mine love mini mealies as a treat too. And one of them is obsessed with those little caterpillar things you get in with the crickets. 2 of them eat waxies aswell but dont give very often.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I agree he is very thin. he was always the smallest but getting worried now
do they not come out to eat when you feed them?
they come out when the light is turned off,but i wouldnt say they come running out to feed
What time do you feed them?
on a eve when light goes out about 8pm

Mine love mini mealies as a treat too.
thinking of trying mealies and waxes going to get some today thats if my local shop has small ones in.

can they have hydro life????

If you look at pics i posted in classifieds you will get a idea how fast he has dropped off,none of them look thin in those pics only problem is i cant tell which one is him grrrr

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:-(

soooo sad right now just found the little guy dead,he went down hill so fast :-(

·
5,234 Posts
That is very sad. But reps tend to hide illness very well until its too late. Im sure there would have been nothing you could have done about it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you :notworthy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts