Reptile Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got some Indian stick insects. What do the eggs look like as I can't tell, :lol2:. Any chance of some pics to help. Thanks. Also, is it best to leave the eggs in the tank to hatch?

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Brown with a little yellow nob on top. Easily distinguishable from their excrement.

This is the only picture I have

·
Viva Le France.
18,842 Posts
Thanks. There isn't anything that looks like that in the tank, so does this mean they aren't laying eggs? :2thumb:
That, or you're not looking hard enough :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I have had a real good look and can't see any eggs, just droppings. Is there a certain age from where they start dropping eggs?

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
You'll end up with millions trust me lol Even if they not mated the females lay eggs, but then all the offspring are female too! So... lots of babies to come =P

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Only adults lay, you know they're adult as they develop red on their front legs and without doubt they will lay... a lot.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
yeah you want to be really careful with the eggs, you can get a population explosion very quickly, i had them when i was younger, and i didn't clean out the substrate often enough, i ended up with more than i could look after, it was dreadful!

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
I used to take the eggs out to aid cleaning - and to control the numbers. They tend to get overwhelming all of a sudden, sometimes its easier to remove the eggs and do a cull of eggs now and again.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have a breeding collony of stick insects and all you need to do is keep kitchen roll on the bottom so that when you come to cleaning them out you can just pick them up from the tissue. It saves so much time trust me.

Amy

·
Registered
27 Posts
google it

every egg looks different they are layed in different ways. it depends on what stick insect they are to just google it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts