put holes in the top lol

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
cant you get a faunarium? they are great for stickys

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Holes in the top or you could cut a section out of the lid and silicone mesh to it.: victory:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yh think I might do that, I will have to find some mesh with small holes in though, anyone know where I can get some?? Anyone selling any mesh? :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
379 Posts
Remove the lid. Get a pair of your mums stockings/tights place over mouth of the sweet jar and secure with an elastic band. depending on the species you have depends on whether they like it airy or humid.

If you save your pocket money the Exo terra range of tanks are excellent for anyone wanting to take up sticks for any length of time.
But any cheap tank with a lid will do.

Cupar garden Centre have some of the cheapest ones i've seen with delivery included.

Just remember that they will require an enclosure that is around 3 times their height so they can shed their skins without any problems.

@garysumpter
Thanks for the mesh link. Saved me having a look around. I need some to cover the fogger unit when I manage to get it into my tank.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Don't get metal, get some material mesh. I bought some from ebay and its fab for mantids etc. Take the lid off, cut mesh to fit it but a bit larger then jst wrap an elastic band round it. Sorted :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
ill give you a piece of meshing 1foot square for a quid. =D

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
depends on sp really ,
some prefer humid - so just melt some (quite a few) holes.
some prefer drier/airier - so mesh lid is good .
all methods said previously are good , but if you want cheap mesh , use old net curtain or any fine stuff from a material shop

1 - 15 of 15 Posts