Reptile Forums banner

Stick tail

328 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Shellsfeathers&fur 
#1 ·
Hi guys so today is decision time to phone my vet and let them know whether I want to go ahead with a faecal testing.... I was hoping my sons leopard gecko Logan 3 years old would improve but I don't think he is😢 im so sad the testing is 100 pound and may not be that but the vet nurse said maybe they can give him medication without the test will find out today

#2 ·
I hope things go well for you - it can be very worrying when one of our animals are poorly.

#7 ·
There not taking blood samples no. His heated end is 28 and i have read that maybe I should turn off at night as this only drops 2 degrees through night. He is still going from the 3 waxworms I have done him it has turned a little wet looking. His eyes are mostly shut and he is not active when I go to bed at midnight. His colouring is pale and tail is skinny although vet said he is not in critical condition as he still has some fat storage on tail. They have given me vitamins to out in his water but I have never seen him take a drink. Yesterday I bathed him and his eyes fully opened and he was picking water running down. When he was sick it was awful never happened before and though he was choking. This is his first time wearing wax worm and was recommended by vet to fatten him up. His usual diet it meal worms I have tried crickets but he won't touch never has. He is 3 and up till now been fine I've increased his temp from pets at home suggested 22 degrees. This was my sons gecko he is 14 years old and was beginning to forget to change water and go out and was left to me. So I have too him from him and placed him in sitting room where I can close monitor him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.