Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing a few peoples threads about re-homing reps hows about a permanent one in each catagory ie. lizards, snakes inverts etc...
might make it a bit easier for people to re-home things as we can just go check em each day and won't miss em!
if this is allready going then......well I'm a numpty and cant find it!:lol2::lol2:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
keep clasifieds as stuff for sale and have a re-home bit to save having to sift through everything, that was the gen idea anyway.

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
good idea except most people expect a fee for the rehomes..so its still technically a sale isn't it

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not everyone expects a fee, i dont and know a few people who dont, but if someone does want to rehome a rep fee or no fee wouldnt it be easier to be able to go straight to the thread? would be easier for us to find aswell.
as for fees, well after the last one i took in i have a good mind to send them a bill! sent them a message about outcome and the reply i got was pretty blunt and heartless considering the help!
any way, just an idea that might make things easier, hope few more people look at this and put down there thoughts.

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
You may get some people jsut going to the rehome area looking for freebies though..just a slight concern of mine. It's a good idea on paper tho, not slating it or anything

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
I think when the thread title is "free to good home" or "free rehome" etc then it attracts the same anyway.
I also don't think a rehome is technically a sale..if it were then it would just be a sale and there would be no need to call it a rehome.

I guess the reason behind this idea is not to save money but, as I see it, many people are more willing to re-home a rep in need [price or no price] than buy or order in elswhere.
Persoanlyl I think it all balances itself out anyway but its a good diea because soemone who rescues a rep knowing they cannot keep it long term...is still doing a good deed rescuing it from a poor keeper/shop/sack in the street etc and having a place here specifically for the cause is a great idea.

I do believe the classifides suffice however, but at the same time Cannot see a downside to it having its own forum section.

I think...now we are not a large kingdom... but the uk is still vast.. and Much of the time potentail re-homers much like buyers of ordinary classifide adds come up to a dead stop when it comes to distance...which adds to cost [again, balancing itself out] [sorry I dont actually have a point with this paragraph atall lol]

Totally past the point at hand but what is needed is soem form of network..I Thought there was a couple....but I dont think they are reaching us here down south anyway... but a network of thos eof us who can offer homes [permanent] to reptiles....closes person is obliged [within reason] to take the rep.

There was a thread here the other week about some ebay sellers selling reps with vivs...the leos that were being sold were local to us...so we bought them.. similar thing.... if we care...and can..we should feel obliged.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my thoughts entirely, at the moment i have kept my re-homes but then i have the space (for the time being) 4 out of the 6 i have taken in have been pretty healthy thank god, but you will allways get a few really bad ones (as i learnt not so long ago(R.I.P.) thats the sort of thing that REALLY needs its own section!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts