Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Don't know if I am just being a numpty, but does anyone else find the sticky pad velcro things supplied with stats and digi thermometers to be naff?!?

Mine are driving me mad :bash:
I have tried helping them stick with blue tac, double sided sticky tape, double sided sticky pads, and still they just won't stay put.

I think I'm probably going to use sealant on them now, is this something I should have done a long time ago, or has anyone else had success with anything else? Or does my level of stupidity not even allow me to correctly use sticky pads :lol2:

Thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
yes, they are absolute mince! as are most of the rubber suction cup thingamibobs on most thermometer wires.... i've not tried any alternatives as yet tho i was thinking of screwing some wee hooks into the side of the vivs and and then using a cable tie or elastic band round the stat to hang them, if that makes sense?

·
Registered
578 Posts
I've found the inside of the RUB is far too smooth for anything to stick for long. I use little Velcro pads on the outside to hold my thermo display in place though?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts