Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found him with a tape on his body today...

i know "never use any sticky stuff for snake viv", but I've just fixed the newpaper inside of the viv with cello-tape...

..and he got it...

I peeled off it from his body carefully and slowly..

I've peeled off some of his scales with that!!!!:cussing::bash: Damn! :eek:mg:

The tape was just small around 1intch sq...

Still I fell sorry for him...

Bad day.... He is in his shelter for a day...:(:cry:

STUPID ME!

Look at the pic! he must feel painful...

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he should be fine, you will notice he will most probably shed really soon, i stuck a heatmat down once, and found the snake stuck to it, she lost a bit of skin but shed soon after, she is fine now, but at the time i felt abserloutly aweful!!!

lee
Yeah..I know but please see the pic...

Looks aweful... sorry 4 him.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
aww poor thing.
best wishes for his recovery
hadnt really thought about tape much b4 but will check all mine

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well. I think the scales will be recovered by some shedding.

Just worry about him stopping eating foods by the accident...

sometimes it causes this happen... sigh

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope he's okay. At least you've been open about it so others can learn from your mistake.
yeah.. It was shameful thing to me.. but I thought some others also was using sticky stuff for snakes... and just thought I should have warn it by my mistake.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
gutted...hope he gets better!
anypics of the body were the scales came off?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
yeah.. It was shameful thing to me.. but I thought some others also was using sticky stuff for snakes... and just thought I should have warn it by my mistake.
I never use sticky tape in or around my snakes homes but I have seen many pictures of vivariums with people using it. I hope they will see this and think again. He should be just fine, but it could have been much worse, could have damaged an eye! Well done for posting this as a warning.

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
gutted...hope he gets better!
anypics of the body were the scales came off?
Here it is...

I noticed his scales have got some seals-like thin skin on the serface of evry individual scale and I have peeled off the skins.

I will never use tapes!!!!

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how do you put up your heatmats then/ getting a royal for xmas (my second snake) but with my hognose i had a heatbulb, but with royal i'm having a heatmat. how do i put it up in a wooden viv?
I use screws and stoppers to establishing heat mat.

But I just used small tapes to fixing newspaper..

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i just put my heat mat in on the bottom of the viv, and then tape the thermostat to it, and cover it with newspaper and substrate, but in my rach theny are taped to the shelf, outside the tub

lee

My other sanke(rat snake) got taped when he went under the paper.
I used to do like you.

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
awwww poor snake :( I can sympathise with you *o*, I've had the same happen to one of mine in the past, she made a full recovery.
I had tape holding the lid down on the viv and she caught it while I was getting her out. I use string now.

Has your snake been recoverd by that completely after some shedding? or some remain on its skin?

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
hey, *O*!
i had a cooks tree boa once that got duct tape stuck to it's face and eye cap...all my fault. i stupidly covered a small gap on a cage with it thinking it wouldn't be a problem. getting that tape off without pulling off the eye cap was a bear....also it was a little one...we've all done stuff like that. you boelen's will shed that off next time. be glad it didn't cover it's face!

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
No scales have actualy come off...just the shiny...
My boa has a rub and the hole scale has come off.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts