Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as you might no i've been looking around for new to get a new lizard for a while now and i thought i had settled on a chuckwalla, but i've realised that i need a spare £500 to get a pair so i've been put off, so any sujestions on a lizard that is £70 and under, can live a 5'2'2 and under, and which is CB.... but not a beardie!!!!:lol2:

cheers

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I know you said you want a lizard, but would you not consider getting in to the snake scene? more to choose from! :whistling2:

·
5,234 Posts
What about an aussie water dragon? Seen some relatively cheap recently. Similar to a beardie in apperance, but requirements are different.
How about some plated lizards, used to be more popular... people seem to be giving them away now.
A skink... or some skinks. Cheap and easy husbandry (obviously this is a generalisation...).

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
as you might no i've been looking around for new to get a new lizard for a while now and i thought i had settled on a chuckwalla, but i've realised that i need a spare £500 to get a pair so i've been put off, so any sujestions on a lizard that is £70 and under, can live a 5'2'2 and under, and which is CB.... but not a beardie!!!!:lol2:

cheers
Hi you if you can pick up a blue tongue you will not regret it you know i have many geckos ,cresties, a snake ,beardie but Loui my skink is the dogs bo------ he is freindly gentle hand feeds and follows me around like a dog i just love the way he huffs and puffs his way around and get this he makes and holds eye contact AMAZING dont know if you will get one for 70 though good luck whatever you choose

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Whoever said £500 for a pair is ripping you off unless they are REALLY special. My last pair were just under £300 and even that I thought was a bit overpriced - but to be honest I was fed up with looking for them lol.

I agree with the chap above, blue tongues are awesome lizards...generally very placid. My two are lovely - a bit shy but still wicked. They vary massively in price depending on where you go.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whoever said £500 for a pair is ripping you off unless they are REALLY special. My last pair were just under £300 and even that I thought was a bit overpriced - but to be honest I was fed up with looking for them lol.

I agree with the chap above, blue tongues are awesome lizards...generally very placid. My two are lovely - a bit shy but still wicked. They vary massively in price depending on where you go.
no for the viv and equiment and everything: victory:

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
uro are a bit expencive and agamas are a bit quick, i've looked into desert iggys but they seem a bit skitish and quick: victory:
Get a beardie then...

Unfortunately, BTS and ackies aside, there aren't many lizards around that fit your criteria. Most of the ones that do are more than £70...

The "best" lizards for your average keeper are ones that fit certain criteria - easy to breed, available in numbers, handleable, hardy etc. That's why beardies and leos are so common and so inexpensive. If you want something "different" but still matching a set of criteria, you will have to pay a premium for it, or accept that it may be a little harder to tame down than a beardie...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts