Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been over a month now since i have got my female and still every time the male see's her his beard goes black, starts head bobbing and goes to bite her :-(
I need to get them together soon or else i've got to get rid of my female,
Any last minute suggestions i've tried handling them both in front of the other's viv and in my living room. The female doesn't act bothered at all but the male goes very aggressive!
Please help me.
Thanks J

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
jim his beard goes black cos this is what hes suppossed to do.he bites her cos this too is what he is suppossed to do.hes doing the right thing honest.if u dont like to watch him bite her put her in and leave the room.give them a couple of hours together go back in and see what they are up to.im sure after a couple of hours u will find em both just sitting there and being happy.my advice to u would be go for it.!! be brave! i know its hard to watch but honest hes doing the right thing. 8) :wink:

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
I know it's a pain but i had the same problem! All i did was take them both away from the viv,change it round completely this way it's all new teritory to both of them and there is no full on dominence cos at the moment it is his teritory with his smell's etc! Give it a go and let us know how you get on!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, going clean out viv later and re-arrange it with new stuff and just put them in,
Is there a point when he's kicking her ass so badly i should take her out in fear of her life or well being ???
Cheers J

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
i personally ave never heard of a male being that aggressive he killed or hurt a female during the courtship ritual.i reckon once you have re arranged the viv and the male has done his courting thing they will be fine.i had 2 females and one male not so long ago and he was just the same as yours biting...bobbing etc but after a wee while it calmed down and only occasionally he would go and give her a nip.i am absolutly positive both your beardies will be fine. :) let us know how u get on.just be brave jim 8)

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
tbh its probably the time or year where the old spermicles are flooding into his bags and he just wants to release them!

It does sound like normal behavior.. My male as woken up for a while and when he sees the females he goes absolutely mental! He just wants to mate that all

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Just give them time! H'es only showing her that he's a good strong beardie he won't hurt her honest!!! He will now and again bob at her or flaten out and bob in dominence but that's all you should also see her waving in submission at him!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well goin try them in half hour, she's just started shedding so hope that doesn't make any difference :s

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
You can try them but she might feel a little vunerable or even grumpy!!! Let's know how you get on! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right they are together this second,
took him out put new stuff in,
put her in then him,
he head bobbed for few minutes as she walked around,
he then grabbed her by back of kneck,
did his business and has walked off and she is up other end of tank,
is this normal ???
Hope they r ok.
J

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
thats sounds alright to me, and hopefully in a few month you will have beardy eggs as well wich is always a plus. All you have to do now is make.buy and incubator.

oh just released ur in stoke on trent, i am as well.

Jay

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:D hope they're ok now together,
Cool, where in stoke r ya ?
Any pages showing ya how to make in incubator ?
Cheers for all ya help guys
J

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they've just gone sleep,
he keeps grabbing her by the kneck and watching her every move,
just want to check this is normal???
I've kept an eye on them all the time they've been together so just abit worried when i'm back uni tomoz and got leave them all day on there own :s
J

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
This is perfectly normal honest he is just asserting his dominence and letting her know who's boss! Mine have been together for a few month's now and they still do it! not as full on as when they went in together but he will make his stance and bob and he also has to be higher than her which she doesn't mind! Have you seen any waving from her at all?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No she ain't done any waving but she has done a very slow head bobbing back at him,
I read this is her way of excepting his dominance?
J

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Yeah it is so that's a good sign! If she is accepting his dominence then he should calm down and not bite her!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cool, she is very quiet today i've noticed keeping her body low to the ground whilst he is standing up over her,
He seems be have excepted her ok but as soon she moves he feels the need to run all around the tank up to her and bob his head and grab her,
just noticed a little mark on back of her kneck where he's grabbed her looks like a tiny cut,
suppose i'm just worrying too much,
i'll try get some pics on later of them together see what ya make of them.
Cheers again for ya help at one time didn't ever imagine having them in the same viv
J

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
jimbob_2003 said:
:D hope they're ok now together,
Cool, where in stoke r ya ?
Any pages showing ya how to make in incubator ?
Cheers for all ya help guys
J
Im just off leek road near the uni.

There a few pages in this forum on how to make one, im now attempting to make one, thats if i ever find the eggs in my viv lol.

Jay

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cool, i go that uni too,
i'm going wait till she starts showing signs of actually gettin ready lay eggs before i start trying make one,
I take it if she is expecting she'll get alot bigger over next month ?
J

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
jimbob_2003 said:
Cool, i go that uni too,
i'm going wait till she starts showing signs of actually gettin ready lay eggs before i start trying make one,
I take it if she is expecting she'll get alot bigger over next month ?
J
cool, what course you do? im third year doing psychology and criminology.

You will often see little egg shape bulges on the underside near the stomic i believe.

jay

1 - 20 of 26 Posts