Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a florida kingsnake for about a month before xmas and he escaped 3 times. Both 1st and 2nd time i found him in the same place under a nice warm comfy blanket lol. The third time i never found him. It's been around a month now and i have not seen any poo or any shedding around the house. He could be alive or dead anyway. I tried a few traps with furries attached to string but nothing happened. So i descided to treat myself to 2 chameleons. Plz look at thread on lizards about my chameleons coz i need help on them to lol. many thanks tom

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Firstly; If Your King Has Escaped 3 Times Now, Then Surely you Should of learnt from your lesson. Hopefully he'll come back (I've heard of cases of a year after and they come back, so dont give up - Always have a viv ready). Get Locks or something, Make your cage secure.

And Chamelions, There not really for beginners. And its advised you do the research on the animal your gettin first, incase any weird and wacky things happen to them, And you dont have a clue.

Sorry For Sounding harsh, but its common sense mate, I Hope the king returns, And get Locks for your vivs! :razz:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
its best to suss out how it escaped and make it escape proof.

read the cham thread just now, see urv got it in hand so good..make sure u post back about what happens

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
dont lose all hope, my king snake came back after 26 months and it didnt appear to have left the block of 3 houses

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
You attached string to the fuzzies :shock:

The bottle trap is effective, in that the snake goes in, feeds, and then 1.cant be arsed moving or 2.cant get out. try this trap, with the heatmat underneath.

String could be hazardous?? imo, but not heard that one before.

dont give up the search, your little guy needs you to find him. it is Worrying that you assume he is dead anyway. Snakes in this country rely on us humans to provide a safe and secure environment for them. without being harsh, three escapes is just not good enough in such a short space of time. most ppl learn after the first time that soething is wrong with the setup. Get the viv sorted, then resume searching for the little bugger. FFS dont give up, or he will probably die.

P.S. I had a corn hatchling that escaped, and was found after 8 wks...outside :shock: Miracles can happen :)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well after the first time we thought we had found the problem and seeled it up. But again he got out and we just could figure out why. I got a bit of cotton thread and tied it to a furry. I seen it on animal planet for a burmese python where a rabbit was tied to very strong rope, and it worked a treat. Also tried a heatmat and put it where i found him both 1st and 2nd times for a week. Anyway thanks for the suggestions i will keep trying though.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
dont lose all hope, my king snake came back after 26 months and it didnt appear to have left the block of 3 houses
still hope of finding my snow corn then!!? Its only been like ummmmm 3 - 4 months now:cry:

Gdluck and i really hope u find him...please please please get locks tho, I learnt the hard way and now EVERY viv I have has locks apart from my news ones and im currently buying them locks too x

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
well after the first time we thought we had found the problem and seeled it up. But again he got out and we just could figure out why. I got a bit of cotton thread and tied it to a furry. I seen it on animal planet for a burmese python where a rabbit was tied to very strong rope, and it worked a treat. Also tried a heatmat and put it where i found him both 1st and 2nd times for a week. Anyway thanks for the suggestions i will keep trying though.

That's cool then, its a new stick i havent seen :oops: . Small snakes can be wee buggers, and whenever they get a new viv/returned to old one after escape...what do they do?? look immediately for possible escape routes! they can make us look silly cant they??!

Anyway, thanks for not taking my commet the wrong way, and i hope you find the l'il devil! Good luck and keep trying!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts