Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
again today when feeding he went for me about 5 times through tthe viv, then when i put the food bowl in, then when i sprayed the viv.. he has yesterday even opened his mouth as a threat, and then again when the viv was closed, why why why!!! he is teated the same as ALL the rest, whats his probelm.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea but i have 18 - only this one does it, all the rest are fine.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol tired just got attacked lmao. ill keeep tryig though!

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone else.. just now as a young oen, im petrified, and scared really scared, but when its older i will be worse, and it just wont get the attention it deserves... help.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
If you really feel like you aren't able to get past your fear, you might want to consider re-homing it? Not because I think you suck or anything, just because it might end up with an owner willing to take the bites and what not.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
was thinking of doing this, but i woudltn want it to go to someone who then thinks teh same and then it goes on and on moving house thats just mean.. if uget me. i have 4 recsu cresties 2 of which i never ever see they hide (so i dont mind not handleing but), but this one will jump and run out and attack!
If you really feel like you aren't able to get past your fear, you might want to consider re-homing it? Not because I think you suck or anything, just because it might end up with an owner willing to take the bites and what not.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
There is no shame in re-homing something. You just need to make sure whoever gets her/him is fully aware of it's temperment, and is willing to give it a long term home.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea, thankyou.. just need to find someone who itrust and whould have him/her for life..hard but ya never know.
There is no shame in re-homing something. You just need to make sure whoever gets her/him is fully aware of it's temperment, and is willing to give it a long term home.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Well good luck with that after the picture you have painted of the little devil :devil::Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Registered
10,015 Posts
Might be a silly reply, but could you not get a cheap leather gardening glove, wear that when your in his tank and just let him bite away?
Will he soon get the idea thet his agression isnt working and calm down?

Just a thought, maybe its a silly idea but better than getting him re-homed.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmm hant thought of that!!! sill yme! ill give it ago!!
Might be a silly reply, but could you not get a cheap leather gardening glove, wear that when your in his tank and just let him bite away?
Will he soon get the idea thet his agression isnt working and calm down?

Just a thought, maybe its a silly idea but better than getting him re-homed.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
i just put one of those white surgical gloves on when i handle my grumpy crestie dont know how much protection it will give me but gives me more confidence to pick her up when i need to clean her out :)

·
Registered
10,015 Posts
I just thought that with having weak jaws the bite wouldnt hurt much anyway, just need the confidence to let it have a nibble, and if the glove is on it defo wont hurt.
Dont know if it will stop it, but at the moment biting is having the desired effect of it being left alone, so if the behavior isnt working maybe it will get fed up?

The missus is doing Phsycology at college.......maybe i should stop reading her books :lol2:

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hehe!!!, yea i did it at college too, way tooo confusing lol..
ill give it ago :) thank you1
I just thought that with having weak jaws the bite wouldnt hurt much anyway, just need the confidence to let it have a nibble, and if the glove is on it defo wont hurt.
Dont know if it will stop it, but at the moment biting is having the desired effect of it being left alone, so if the behavior isnt working maybe it will get fed up?

The missus is doing Phsycology at college.......maybe i should stop reading her books :lol2:

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
If it is going into a threat display when you enter the viv or try to handle it leave the poor bugger alone, it's stressed. Not every animal you own will want to be handled or have its home disturbed (and yes that includes feeding..)

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
but as she's said it does it when she sprays his enclosure or feeds him, with cresties that just involves placing a dish in... i dont see exactly how she can avoid feeding and spraying him???

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
agreed, lol i cant - if so it will die...
do you have any ideas artgeckoooo?
but as she's said it does it when she sprays his enclosure or feeds him, with cresties that just involves placing a dish in... i dont see exactly how she can avoid feeding and spraying him???

1 - 20 of 37 Posts