Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please don't watch the video if you get upset easily. I don't but was sick to my stomach. It shows an animal being skinned, not only alive, but fully conscious and attempting to bite the man who skins it!!!:bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:
Welcome to Animal Saviors

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
There are literally no words to describe how horrific those videos are, how barbaric. If you have to skin an animal - and I see no reason AT ALL why you should want to or need to - surely there is a humane way to do it without ripping its skin off while it still lives.

I can't believe ANY country can see this as acceptable in any way at all.

Makes me ashamed to be a human being sometimes, that we can do these sort of things, to any other living creature.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
What exactly is the point of that?

Crazy!

:bash:
I haven't watched the video, but I think the reason they do it is that the flavour of the meat is supposed to have a better flavour if the animal is terrorised before they slaughter it. Something to do with adrenalin I think.

When you read around the subject, eating dog meat is a dying tradition in China and this practice is something that only goes on in the older parts and by the older generation. We can only pray that this practice dies with the old feckers!

There is a lot of work going on out there to teach people to see dogs as the beautiful, amazing, loyal and useful animals that we see them as.
This is one of the reasons I wont ever give my dogs those munchy dog chews made in Thailand - god knows whats in them!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
:gasp:

omg im speachless.. i couldnt watch the whole thing i was going to be sick...they could at least shoot them is it so much to f:censor: ask!?

·
Registered
142 Posts
That is f:censor:ing sick, dirty c:censor:t. How would he like it if someone done that to him, what a w:censor:ker.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
I didn`t open it..i`ve seen something similar a few years ago and i still can`t get the images or the screams of pain out of my head. Totally barbaric..there are no words harsh enough to describe these people..i can only hope that karma exists.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I haven't watched the video, but I think the reason they do it is that the flavour of the meat is supposed to have a better flavour if the animal is terrorised before they slaughter it. Something to do with adrenalin I think.

When you read around the subject, eating dog meat is a dying tradition in China and this practice is something that only goes on in the older parts and by the older generation. We can only pray that this practice dies with the old feckers!

There is a lot of work going on out there to teach people to see dogs as the beautiful, amazing, loyal and useful animals that we see them as.
This is one of the reasons I wont ever give my dogs those munchy dog chews made in Thailand - god knows whats in them!
Hmmmmm i have to say, as a chef, meat that is nice and relaxed before slaughter is the best. A tense animal can give tough meat. I find different cultures and their attitudes to various food quite intersting.

I just really cant see a reason behind this practice.

Thankfully, as you say, it is a dying practice.

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What exactly is the point of that?

Crazy!

:bash:
The point is, every cat toy made in china from fur, is from an animal such as that, usually it is cat fur on the toys. Educate yourselves about this sort of thing, boycott anything doubtful and email a compaint to the chinese embassy asking them to tighten up their laws.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
ive seen a few videos, and I cant lose the images of them.

as FW says, educate yourselves

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
The point is, every cat toy made in china from fur, is from an animal such as that, usually it is cat fur on the toys. Educate yourselves about this sort of thing, boycott anything doubtful and email a compaint to the chinese embassy asking them to tighten up their laws.
I had no idea they did that with fur!

I dont really understand what possible benefit there is to skinning a live animal as opposed to a dead one - not that i am condoning it in any way. Just cant get my head around it.

I dont really think my e-mailing china will have any effect though - sad though that is.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Often pet products bought here with fake fur, is not as fake as you think. Dog/cat fur can be bought in and sold as arctic wolf

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
fenwoman
While your doing the education bit, have a read of this web site
"Snuff" Films A lot of these movies aren't what they appear to be.
I know it's a bit long winded but it is an eye opener.

Natrix

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
I wont watch that as well, i dont want to especially after seeing how the chinese prepare their fish.

Still alive when all their scales are taken off

Still alive when fins are removed

And still alive when placed in a frying pan

People say fish have no feelings but if they see that and the way the fish struggles for its life, they might think again.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts