Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone could post some pictures of their storage tub setups that they have for their geckos?
As im looking into getting a gecko and id like to have some ideas how people set up their tubs.
If this is the wrong place to put this then im sorry :notworthy:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hey here some pics of my 50L rubs using one pulse stat to control both temps.I was gonna put a background round 3sides but they dont seem to be fussed and are always out and about.

·
Registered
746 Posts
lol my rooms always a tip as i have no room for anything since getting my wardbrobe up and a 4ft viv lol.I can clean it then the next morn it looks like a tip again.Oh yeah sorry bout the poo in the pic ive not clead ackmed out yet,he's well anoyying tho as he doesnt poo in the same place unlike the other 2.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love the full up ash tray

Too be honest i wasnt even taking any notice of anything else apart from the tub...

Siman if you've got any set up pics that i could see ill pm you my email addy and you can send them that way if you like?

And thanks for the piccys RichNick :2thumb:..Do you not attach the heat mat to the actual tub? Lovely looking geckos you've got there too :2thumb:

·
Registered
746 Posts
nope not attached as they dont slide about and i need to get them down for clean and the like. Cheers for the compliment they are our little babys.Feel sorry for yoshi now as he's not had his pic taken lol

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
To be honest my two baby leo's are temporarily in RUBS as they're babies and i'll be upgrading them to a proper viv at some point soon.

Its fairly standard (a hide, water bowl, kitchen roll substrate) can email you pictures if you want but as i say its fairly standard lol.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be honest my two baby leo's are temporarily in RUBS as they're babies and i'll be upgrading them to a proper viv at some point soon.

Its fairly standard (a hide, water bowl, kitchen roll substrate) can email you pictures if you want but as i say its fairly standard lol.

I'd still like to have a look if thats possible? You've already got my email addy :2thumb: .... Would you be able to leave them in RUBS? Or would you need to upgrade to vivariums? Or does it depend on the individuals spare room etc... Sorry for the questions :blush:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
They need RUBS sized like richnick has, ours a in little ones at the minute we put one of ours in a big viv (as our adult is away) and he just hid and got very squirmy bless him. We have now put him back in the little RUB and he is very happy :2thumb:

As said by siman our are basic with loo roll cut in half for a hide, a water dish in the cold end and a food dish for the mealies. And also a loo roll with wet tissue for a moist hide when needed. The RUB has holes drilled in and it half on the heat mat, they are in the big tank with the heat mat under their RUBs.

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
I'd still like to have a look if thats possible? You've already got my email addy :2thumb: .... Would you be able to leave them in RUBS? Or would you need to upgrade to vivariums? Or does it depend on the individuals spare room etc... Sorry for the questions :blush:
You don't have to upgrade to a vivarium. However, i think its better to if you have the room. After all a vivarium looks far prettier than a RUB and you can often see little quirky and entertaining things they do in a vivarium a lot better than a RUB.

RUB's are often used and are fine, but personally if you have the room I'd always go with a vivarium eventually... But then again, when they're only babies they can feel a bit safer in a smaller RUB than a full sized viv. : victory:

·
Registered
746 Posts
no they dont need up grading really aslong as its big enough. I just havent got the room or cash for vivs tbh and i doubt the leos know they are just in a box lol.On the other hand tho i built my own viv which is cheapish(not cheaper than a £10 RUB).I dont agree tho that you can see them better in a viv as a viv has 3 sides and the top covered where as my rubs are see through on all sides(be careful tho as ive heard sometime it can scare the leos) and also my 1st leo is so scared when he hears the glass scraping on the runners where as when i open the lid on the other two they look up at me as if to say hello(that last bit could just be the leos).Its just personal preferance tho really as a viv i more pleasing to the eye but rubs are cheaper

·
Registered
993 Posts
can you keep them in the large flat exo terra faunariums instead of a RUB?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
can you keep them in the large flat exo terra faunariums instead of a RUB?
I would have thought so, as long as the surface area is big enough. We are planning to put our next two geckos in rubs whilst they are in quarantine. When all have been sexed and are ok, they will go in the viv together. Then the rubs will be kept as sick bays/emergency housing.

·
Registered
993 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts