Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are some pics of my storrs monitors. I have 1 adult male charters towers locality and 3 western Australia juveniles. They're so tiny but packed with character :D

Cliff hanging to belly bask

2 month old storrs

2mth old again

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
These are some pics of my storrs monitors. I have 1 adult male charters towers locality and 3 western Australia juveniles. They're so tiny but packed with character :D

Cliff hanging to belly bask

2 month old storrs

2mth old again

wow that is so cute

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
They are beautiful :mf_dribble::mf_dribble::mf_dribble::no1:
From what I can see, they have a lovely setup. :notworthy:

What substrate are they on?

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Nice to see some of the lesser seen locals.

Proper litle stunners storrs are great little monitors and proberly nxt on my dwarf list :no1:

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
They are really cool, just as active and inquisitive as Ackies, they just don't have as nice markings in my opinion. I have only seen paul's trio, his baby hatched not long after I visited him :( gutted! Think these are more expensive then Ackies as they are not as common. Paul has a collection I could only dream of owning! :(

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
They are really cool, just as active and inquisitive as Ackies, they just don't have as nice markings in my opinion. I have only seen paul's trio, his baby hatched not long after I visited him :( gutted! Think these are more expensive then Ackies as they are not as common. Paul has a collection I could only dream of owning! :(
A bit more expensive than ackies around £120 or so for CB babies from a breeder johnev. had some up for sale a while ago :2thumb:

As for beating you to them buddy i v. much doubit it mate the Mrs has just bought me a tegu.... so im well chuffed at the moment.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Nice, very nice.
Glad to see a few more keepers of these little gems about :2thumb:

I want one, about what size do they grow to?
awwww they are so cute!!

do they getvety big?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A large Storri will max out around 35 cm nose to tip of tail, so about half the size of ackies when full grown. But be warned you may need multiple vivs as they do have the abilty to cause each other very serious injuries, sometimes resulting in death, luckily this has never happened to any of mine. Keeping the same sexes together once sexually mature doesn't work and through keeping a number of these now I have found sexed pairs works best if you are keeping 2.

You can expect to pay between £120-£150 for a storr's

·
Registered
198 Posts
A large Storri will max out around 35 cm nose to tip of tail, so about half the size of ackies when full grown. But be warned you may need multiple vivs as they do have the abilty to cause each other very serious injuries, sometimes resulting in death, luckily this has never happened to any of mine. Keeping the same sexes together once sexually mature doesn't work and through keeping a number of these now I have found sexed pairs works best if you are keeping 2.

You can expect to pay between £120-£150 for a storr's
Ah thanks alot, well I don't tend to keep animals together unless they aren't solitary by nature, as I don't breed currently, so only having one fits right into my plans :)

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Ah thanks alot, well I don't tend to keep animals together unless they aren't solitary by nature, as I don't breed currently, so only having one fits right into my plans :)
In my experience around people they tend to have even better temperaments than ackies : victory:

As Paul says there vicious litle sh*ts when it comes to there own species though.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
In my experience around people they tend to have even better temperaments than ackies : victory:

As Paul says there vicious litle sh*ts when it comes to there own species though.
Have to second this, they are easier to handle by far, tame down to almost soppy tame, one of my males would sit on my shoulder the whole day if he could :flrt:
Food wise they don't demand anywhere as much food as the larger dwarfs so quite friendly on the pocket and will quite happily live out their entire lives in nothing bigger than a 4x2x2.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Have to second this, they are easier to handle by far, tame down to almost soppy tame, one of my males would sit on my shoulder the whole day if he could :flrt:
Food wise they don't demand anywhere as much food as the larger dwarfs so quite friendly on the pocket and will quite happily live out their entire lives in nothing bigger than a 4x2x2.
Im sure my ackies would eat me out of house and home never seen dwarfs there size eat so much :lol2:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.