Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been around here for a while, but would really appreciate some advice.

Silas hadn't eaten for a couple of weeks but he did today, however within minutes of putting him back in his viv (I had to feed him in a tub today) I noticed him lifting his tail up and discovered a very unusual sight looking nothing like his normal poo and green in colour.

I have taken a picture and was wondering if any of you could tell me what it is or if there is a problem?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
533 Posts
Could have just been constipated?

Id try feed him and examine his feaces next time he passes through if there green again id get in touch with the vet.

I stand to be corrected though

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
theres no photo

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the replies, I rang the vet and made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. I'll be taking Silas and the offending excrement for testing, I'll keep you all informed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the vet said that Silas looks very healthy, but the green poo has been sent off for lab tests so i'm awaiting the results.

·
Registered
33,448 Posts
sometimes you get the odd green poop, but the time to worry is if it's persistant, stinks (i mean worse than normal & makes you want to barf) & is like diahoerea. that means a gut infection. but the vet would pick this up on first examination. i'd say you most likely have nothing to worry about.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts