Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

basically ive had a buddy over earlier and we had the hoggies out. we then noticed that my female has strange head markings (well lack of them) especially when compared to my male. ive been looking online and still having trouble finding markings to match. so just thoght id see if anyone on here has the same? she just seems o be missing some marking on the top of the head and the spike that would start to run down her back.

here are some photos the top two will be of the female and the bottom of my male just for referance.

so here is the male.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I know little about hoggies (Though yours is very nice) I do know some animals het for certain morphs can have slight differences, but having seen the million and one "What's my royal" threads I'm inclined to think it may just be some small natural wildtype changes.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know little about hoggies (Though yours is very nice) I do know some animals het for certain morphs can have slight differences, but having seen the million and one "What's my royal" threads I'm inclined to think it may just be some small natural wildtype changes.
well this is it we were in no way claiming that this was set to be the next new morph was just more intrigued as to if anyone else has one with similar markings?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
These crop up from time to time. I've seen 2 friends who own hogs with missing ' arrow ' head markers.

This isnt Dom or co-dom. It might be recessive, best speaking to hogboy to clarify.

If nothing else it's certainly unusual and stands out :2thumb:

Karl

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cant say much as to why its like that but i must admit i love the look of it! very subtle difference unless compared like you did but i like the lack of pattern directly behind the head
well this is it i know its not much but its all the subtle things that make a differance.

These crop up from time to time. I've seen 2 friends who own hogs with missing ' arrow ' head markers.

This isnt Dom or co-dom. It might be recessive, best speaking to hogboy to clarify.

If nothing else it's certainly unusual and stands out :2thumb:

Karl
i didnt even think it would be genetic just thought it might be what i can only describe as a misprint.

i do love it though : victory:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its different!why not breed them and hold back any similar hatchlings, growv them on and breed back to the original. you may have something, you may not. Backcrossing would confirm this.
Well she will be bred from eventually so this will prob turn into the plan just on the off chance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.