Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got new baby rabbit last week, shes really friendly we have her out for hours every day, just ain't too keen on being picked up or put down but is ok being carried and shes doesn't wee or poo out of her cage. But she licks us!! Is this normal? If not why is she doing it? She licks hands, faces, arms, t shirts and jeans!

EDIT: She normally only licks if we've stopped stroking her!

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
my opinion is they lick because of the salt (however i could be completely wrong, lol)
all mine lick me, lol, must be a sweaty betty, hehe

and mine all hate being picked up too, but are fine once your sat cuddling them

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
oh and mine all love to chew on the bottom of my jeans, nothing else just jeans

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She doesn't chew on anything when out of her cage nor ever try to nibble on us, she pushes her self into your belly to get comfy :flrt:

But if you stop stoking her she wanders around until she finds part of you to lick :lol2:

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
It's affection. Rabbits will clean each other between the eyes/on the nose in turns as a sign of common. : victory:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bunny loves me hehe :flrt:

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
So where's her picture? Pictures are obligatory on this forum - we want pictures!!! :bash:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is Princess :flrt:

·
Registered
615 Posts
she is gorgeous! i love her black eyeliner:lol2:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
That has to be the most beautiful rabbit I've ever seen, she is an absolute stunner :flrt:. I'd love a house rabbit and have wanted one since I was tiny but my mum always had cats and we've got a honking great German Shepherd who would love a bunny lunch. Muchus jealous!

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
That's a shame - I had 10 cats and a German Shepherd and none of them ever threatened any of my rabbits, even the day I brought home my first one at 7 weeks old and they'd never seen a rabbit before.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone :2thumb:

The boyfriend named her Princess :lol2:but she definitely lives up to her name!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
That's a shame - I had 10 cats and a German Shepherd and none of them ever threatened any of my rabbits, even the day I brought home my first one at 7 weeks old and they'd never seen a rabbit before.
We took her on a couple of years ago and she was so bad we couldn't even walk past another dog on the other side of the road! It's taken a long time as she's a strong old girl with a big personality who's very set in her ways but she can just about say hello to certain dogs now. I still wouldn't trust her with a loose bunny though as her favourite treat is being allowed to come upstairs to watch the rats....which she does with a little cartoon bubble of a roasted rattie floating above her head :lol2:.

Anywho, sorry for the thread stealage :blush:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
yeah this ones still with us :)
her name is Cookie x

·
Registered