Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed my yellow bellied slider is asking a bit peculiar, he seems to stay at the bottom of the tank with his eyes closed, then starts to move around the tank without opening his eyes! He does eventually but find it strange, he looks in good health even though I have just noticed that his tail near to his body is a bit of a pinky colour an there's a tiny bit of pink on the inside of his back legs? I'm not sure if this is normal as I haven't looked for it before. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
16,546 Posts
I've looked at your other posts, and is this one of the three males you have that are housed together? If so, I would say that he has been attacked by one or both of the others. No turtle should stay at the bottom of the tank and not open his eyes. This would make my think he is sick. Nor, should they have an pinkiness to their tails or legs. I would say to put him in a separate tank.

Photos will help, but if there is any broken skin/infection he will need dry docking. You can treat it with Betadine (or similar) but a vet may be needed.

The water quality will need to be checked also.

Wait for another opinion, though - hopefully, Graham or Jo should be around a bit later on this morning.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I've checked him this morning and he's now his normal self swimming around and getting excited when I come to the tank, I've checked and his pinky bits have gone too. I'm starting to wonder if he was just sleeping? It was quite late and reading some other threads on another site lots of people said that how there turtles sleep?

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Well I've checked him this morning and he's now his normal self swimming around and getting excited when I come to the tank, I've checked and his pinky bits have gone too. I'm starting to wonder if he was just sleeping? It was quite late and reading some other threads on another site lots of people said that how there turtles sleep?
ive seen my turtle sleeping at the bottom with his eyes closed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts