Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 11 month old is just not having any of it. He eats well in the sense of a good variety of bugs etc.

I have spent a small fortune trying different foods as per the food guide you guys have put up for me. Dandelion leaves, spring greens, some different fruits (as per the guideline), certain flower petals (again as per guidelines). Even tried Zoo Juve med pellets as someone else recommended that.

He wont eat any of it.

I keep waving it at him. I do it fresh twice a day. Today he actually told me off for showing it to him, I could almost hear him say 'get off will ya' lol

I was told by a reptile place that his percentages are still quite high bugs and that he probably wont eat much, if any, veg til he is older.

So am I stressing over nothing?

Does anyone have tips? Any fave veggies their beardies like that he might like that I havent already tried lol

A piccy of my boy after having some cuddles, he sat watching the telly lol

·
Registered
17,669 Posts
He is the real expert, he knows what he wants.

Just provide the veg anyways even if he doesn't eat it to give him the option, every beardy is individual, I am willing to bet if his bugs were reduced his oppurtunistic side would get the better of him, but I really don't see you needing to do that just yet.

He will start the veggys when he is ready, at least you have experimented a little, but as long as his bugs are being gutloaded and dusted with supplements I am sure he will be fine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the bugs are being gut loaded and dusted, much to my amusement as they bounce up and down in the bag....crickets give me the heeby jeebys lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.