Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night i went to feed my 07 corn, and normally he just smells around it then gently grabs it, but last night i had a shock, i went to put the large fuzzy in and he came out of no where and striked on the head and wrapped himself around it, i compeletly poo'd my self but it was amazing, it was the first time he had done it. but what strength he had for such a small snake.

Then with the 2nd fuzzy i put in he stricked that again and i just had to watch him constrict it and eat it whole. i got pics but i havent uploaded them yet but i must say it made my heart pound when he striked the first fuzzy.

Bloody awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant wait till i feed him again

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Cool, it is really nice to see them do that. I have a tiny Brazilian Rainbow Boa that was a non feeder. She is now the best strike feeder I have and she always makes me smile at the speed and accuracy she has : victory:

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i remember seeing a 10ft boa strike feed now that was awesome

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
I wont let my big boa's strike feed as it is so dangerous. I just put their food in on the floor. Does look impressive but would scare me half to death lol.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
I filmed my royal last night strike feeding, however as my OH is the worst camera person known to currently exist the quality is well, extremely limited!!!!

But it does show how he pounced on any food that enters his viv in under a second.

I'll compress it down and post it up later, at work at the mo.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i cant wait to feed him again he almost took the tongs with him, little devil

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he used to take it bum first which was funny watching now he takes it head on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts