Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have at current 3 slings, Chilli Rose,Chaco Golden Knee and a Versicolour.The Chilli and Golden Knee used to eat but neither has eaten now for a couple of weeks, they used to take the smallest locusts,and would never entertain Crickets.As for the Versicolour he has yet to feed whilst in my care although ive only had him two weeks.Im following all the temp,humidity,housing guidlines for each species, the only thing i can think of is that the locusts seem a little bigger then before.Or there all about to go into moult at the same time.

My main concern is will they be okay without food,for a while? there abdomens seem quite plump,at least on the Chilli and Chaco, its hard to tell on the versicolour, any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
they should be fine id imagine there going to moult as being slings they moult every couple of months.
have they moulted since youve owned them?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the Chilli and chaco have,around 6 weeks ago. its reassuring at least that they wont drop down dead from lack of food, the Versicolours legs seem to be going transparent,is that normal also? thanks

·
Registered
749 Posts
If they used to eat but have stopped now it could be that they are getting ready to moult. I've read somewhere that some species (like Chile roses) can take aaaages to actually moult from the time they stop feeding (we're talking months here even for tiny slings!) so a couple of weeks of not feeding is no biggie really :). As long as they look healthy and not dehydrated just relax and wait for the moult :D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts