Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having not had my corn snake long how often do they shed or is it something that doesnt happen often?
many thanks james

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
A young corn will shed roughly every 4 weeks... as they get older the time in between spreads out and eventually its about 3 times a year.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
if its only young then every 4 to 6 weeks and as it gets older less often, when it is adult i think its 3 or 4 times a year :D

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
yeh that sounds about right i guess

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks im unsure how old it is but is about 3.5 feet long at mo
many thanks james

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Saying that though Ryan 1 of my 4 1/2 ft kings sheds nearly monthly... has since I got her..

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
depends completly on age, environment and feeding schedule I reckon.... Basically the more you feed when they are still in the growth years (1-3) they quicker they grow therefore shed more, adult snakes don't really grow to much so don't have to shed....

Then again you'll always get the one snake that shed often reguardless and the other snake that sheds once a year!

My corn is about 15-16 mths now and 3.5ft.. He's probably shedding once every 2 months maybe a little less.. my royal is once every 3-4 months. Basically as long as he's shedding fine when he does I wouldn't worry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts