Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all Royals really rubish at striking? mine can never hit the meat 1st time, just fed him about an hour ago and the idiot missed and got his side, no damage done but he's definatly a pleb!!!

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
I have more trouble getting them to strike/eat!

when they do though its generally hard and pretty accurate.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mines an '07 and luckily has never missed a feed in the 2 years i've had him he just sucks at striking.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Bizarre royal

one of ours does not strike at all. The only way I can describe what she does is too say she gently and politely leans over puts her mouth around her food and takes it. The girl has real manners unlike all the others if it were not for fast reflexes they would have the food, prongs, hand, wrist and arm lol

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
glad its not mine whos got odd feeding habbits then:lol2:

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
all my royals never miss there strike feeds target, still love how fast they can strike! it never gets old!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you want a fast striker try my pine she evil fast!!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
one of ours does not strike at all. The only way I can describe what she does is too say she gently and politely leans over puts her mouth around her food and takes it. The girl has real manners unlike all the others if it were not for fast reflexes they would have the food, prongs, hand, wrist and arm lol

Thats brilliant, would love to see a video :mf_dribble:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Are all Royals really rubish at striking? mine can never hit the meat 1st time, just fed him about an hour ago and the idiot missed and got his side, no damage done but he's definatly a pleb!!!

hey man
you should respect your pet

when we decide to have these animals we have to know that things like this will happen, and we have to look for a way to solve the problem

remember that your pet didnt make the desision to be in captivity with you, so the less you can do is to respect it man, its not his fault

you'd better look for feeding tips}

patience.

greetings man

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chill out mate love all my pets more than i like most people, and he will always take a feed just wondered if all royals had bad coordination.

·
Registered
630 Posts
chill out mate love all my pets more than i like most people, and he will always take a feed just wondered if all royals had bad coordination.

Mine will do occasionaly, but one thing i have noticed with me is sometimes I move ever so slightly when she strikes - almost like an involuntary reaction to her striking. Do you think you could be doing this at all?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
possibly chap will take that into account, i will often let him just take it off the floor but i like to give him a something to strike at too if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
wish mine had a bad aim, but she thinks that anything thatz goes in is food, (including me) strikes instantly upon sight and unfortunately hasn't missed yet.
wish my king was so happy about food, n wish she'd calm down a bit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts