Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
I have seen a post about reptile carpet can anyone pm or post a pic of some and tell me were to get it. Iv heard its good and would like to use it on a shelve in a coustom made viv when i make 1.
And also i have been reading some care sheets on lizards and snakes and people say CYPRESS MULCH is good is that just like a moss? Is Sphagnum Moss any good?

G

·
For a Rainbow Boa i would be tempted to use Orchid bark and spagnum moss.This will give you a bit of roughness to the substrate but also the moss will help to hold the humidity.

I have never used the reptile carpets so i couldnt comment on them to be honest

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers guys
I am going to be making a bigger viv my boa soon and was woundering about the carpet so i could make a shelving out of it in the viv.but the main substrate on the ground will be wood chips or bark.and ill probaly get some moss for there to.
When its made ill be sure to put some pics of it (the Viv)

G

·
I would probably put in the shelf but put a lip on it so that you could put some substrate on it.This way you can create a humid area higher up as well.I dont know how you intend to heat the viv but if using ceramics the upper shelf would be a lot more humid than the floor due to the water and heat so you would be able to leave the floor slighty drier than normal creating a fairly good range of wet and dry.This is the way i used to keep my BRB's

Just my opinion so please dont take it the wrong way.At the end of the day the viv is yours and you know your snake and its nedds a lot better than me.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers greenphase

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and greenphase were do ou get them "banners" or wvr there called from?
The one under ur post???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts