Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to my local rep shop yesterday to buy bedding and i nearly fell over when he told me that the wood chippings are £8.25 per kilo i used to pay £15-20 for a big 25 kilo bag not being tight but i think that's taking the p a bit so my question is would my iggy and water monitor be ok on wood shaving or better still is the any brumy's or yam yam's know anywhere i can buy the big bags thanks

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
i just keep my iggy on lino lol easier to clean

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
god that was quick lol lino good idea but i like the viv to be like a nice display im a bit of ponce everything has to look nice

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
orchid bark was the same price where do you get yours from

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also what sort of price do you pay for the bark

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Iget mine from Paws for thought in Leeds but I think they deliver now check the site and to fill my 4x2x2 viv used one bag which was about a fiver sorry dont know the bag weight

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
steve im in the middle of moving the boys around so i'll do a seperate thread in the week with some pic's what's your iggy like ive named mine mr whippy he got me right across my face the other day really funny and painful

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
I use coconut husk, depends on the size of the viv and that but one brick is about a fiver and would do a 4x3 viv just about.

top soil and playsand are rather cheap and good for the monitor atleast.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
LOL gotta love an aggressive iggy, mines only about 3-4 months old and has calmed down a lot so has stopped biting and whipping now but dude did it gave a good go for about a month! I put socks over my hands and just let him bite me for about 20mins every day and eventually he gave up. I basically tried everything from using a worn t shirt for it to sleep with (smell association and all that). but hand feeding has work like a charm, He was very nervous of fingers and fast moving hands so i just waved my hands around out side the viv and then offered him some mango or papaya and now hes fine.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yep he is a bit aggro at the mo but he getting better by the day but at the mo he makes my caiman look like a puppy so back to my q im guessing now that wood shavings are no good right or are they ok but not the best`is there anywhere you can order the bags from online

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
he's 15 months and about 3 foot

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
would top soil be ok for the iggy too

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
personally i think yes it would.
maybe mixed with some coconut husk.
or for decor purpose maybe just sprinkled over the top.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok cool top soil it is then cheers folks im off to b & q (or i'll send the missus just got to think of a reason why i cant go)

·
Registered
139 Posts
went to my local rep shop yesterday to buy bedding and i nearly fell over when he told me that the wood chippings are £8.25 per kilo i used to pay £15-20 for a big 25 kilo bag not being tight but i think that's taking the p a bit so my question is would my iggy and water monitor be ok on wood shaving or better still is the any brumy's or yam yam's know anywhere i can buy the big bags thanks
hiya mate if i was you i wouldnt use wood shavings or the beech bark chippings as they dont hold the humidity needed for the water monitor. i use orchid bark which is the dark brown stuff!! other than that astroturf or false grass (like what butchers use for displays) and just spray him a few times a day. it gives a good effect plus if you have a few spare pieces when he makes a mess of 1 which he will you can swap it for a clean piece whilst you clean the other!if that makes sense? another cheap alternative is lining paper as in wallpaper,doesnt look as good but easy to maintain and a cheap roll at £3.50 will last a long time! just a few ideas there for you. cheers

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
welcome to the forum mate [above]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts