Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey iv got a bit of a dilemma basically i previously had my milksnake on aspen shavings but they kept getting stuck in the door runners and causing all sorts of problems! as he is a bit of a Houdini :shock: i thought id better do something about the gaps so I switched him onto this green astro turf type stuff
Legs seems perfectly happy on both and there isnt any scale irritation of any kind so now i dont know which to use! :?

Which would you suggest?

thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
well if the gras type stuff is less hasle id keep him on that as you dont want to sit there picking aspen out of runners all day lol ive ben there and done that :D
manda xx

·
Registered
324 Posts
i would always use aspen, i tried green astro with my GTP, and that was a bit of a failure... it's annoying to get the excretions off... but i read here recently that that problem can be taken care of with wasshing it in the washing machiene! i didn't of that!

·
Registered
301 Posts
we use newspaper in most our vivs.we did use that astro turf but no matter how many times you wash it,it still doesn't smell fresh! if you dont want to use aspen how about bark?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I'd use beech chip. The astro-turf stuff sounds like a nightmare to clean properly.
Beech would also allow him to burrow, which my pueblan spends most of his time doing.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Ive used beech chips in the past and have now switched to aspen.. but that was due to the weight of the beech chips.. either are a good option.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well if he were a normal snake then id use the aspen but he hardly ever burrowed he spends most of his time climbing :shock:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
but im still having problems with it getting in the runners
:? any ideas how i can solve this?

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Dont get it in the runners :lol: :lol: I dont have a problem with aspen getting in the runners.. beech chips I do though.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
If that doesnt work keep a cotton bud by it.. then you can just run it down the runners to get the aspen out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts