Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for some volunteers.

I want a few people to test out a substrate for me as i don't own enough geckos myself and would like as broad a set of opinions as possible.

This is a new product for geckos but is completely natural and fully bio-degradeable.

At this early stage i do not wish to say exactly what it is made of so please don't ask.

I will provide successfull volunteers with enough substrate for 2 desert/sand vivariums. You will then be given 2 weeks to try out the product followed by a questionaire to assess suitability.

I'd like to stress this substrate is to replace sand in the vivarium and is completely natural.

Could those wishing to take part please PM me.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's still very early for me to look at it on that sort of level but if it all goes to plan i'll give you a shout. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
I'm quite curious as to what this stuff is now ya monkey!

But OK I've got a leo that I'm willing to test it out on. Got reptile carpet in there at the minute so lets see how it compares!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i have two i could test on.. agamid vivs.. also one leo viv..

N

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for your replies.

The product is designed to replace sand in a gecko vivarium to eliminate compaction.

I would have no problems suggesting it for a thin layered substrate (ie inch or so) but it is not strong enough to support tunnels so would be no good for burying species.

I'll get back to all those that have PM'd me over the course of the day.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts