Reptile Forums banner

Substrate

125 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  wilkinss77 
#1 ·
Hi there, I have a female beardie who is about 6 months old. She's doing really well. Growing well, eating loads of live feeders and gradually getting better at eating veggies 🤞
I have had her on newspaper as a substrate, the only thing I've noticed as she's getting bigger is sometimes she likes to try and dig and I feel bad as she obviously can't.
I always read horror stories about them on loose substrate but I'm wondering if it would be better for her to be on a looser substrate now she is a bit more mature?
I am a newbie by the way 🤣

#2 ·
Hi there, I have a female beardie who is about 6 months old. She's doing really well. Growing well, eating loads of live feeders and gradually getting better at eating veggies 🤞
I have had her on newspaper as a substrate, the only thing I've noticed as she's getting bigger is sometimes she likes to try and dig and I feel bad as she obviously can't.
I always read horror stories about them on loose substrate but I'm wondering if it would be better for her to be on a looser substrate now she is a bit more mature?
I am a newbie by the way 🤣
Ignore the bogeyman stories about loose substrates & have a read of this:
Loose substrates & the myth of gut compaction.

After all, they live on loose substrates in the wild, don't they?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.