Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need a job for the summer So that i have some scratch for the festavel and uni.
Si i decided that i am going to try and get a part time job at my local repshop (in Twyford) I am just wondering what do i need to get a job there like do i need to have owned a rep or do I just need a good understanding of reps also I have a thing about spiders is this a probelm or not hope you can help

Thanks

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
you need to be 14, and know a bit about what they stock, the odd thing that you dont know you can just tell another member of staff that someones interesed in something and are after advice but i dont really know anything about the rep, can you help.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool I will try and get a job there then. If not it's gonna have to be Asda or somthing.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
14, I thought to work in a legitmate job you need to be 16 so you own one of those national insurance numbers (I have one, I think it's called that, I'd find it if it wasn't under the 10,000 revision papers). Just looked I doubt it will be a prob to you, your in uni.

Also, I got a job placement/work experience at pet shop (keep reptiles etc) but I didn't take it, but I wouldn't of been aloud to handle any of the pets, feed the fish I think was one of the few things I could of done, so bare that in mind.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Alot of places will not employ anyone under the age of 16 due to the laws around the hours that can be worked

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
Cool I will try and get a job there then. If not it's gonna have to be Asda or somthing.

Firstly you need to be 16 to work properly (a paper round style job you can be younger but i don't think thats an "on the books" Style employment.

Secondly you say "Asda" like its easy to get on? LOL

Firstly to work there you'll more than likely have to be 18+ as you can't do most jobs without being 18+

Secondly theres people who've applied 10+ times and still not got on.

Just thought i'd enlighten you on the fact that its not as easy as your making out. : victory:

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
So I need a job for the summer So that i have some scratch for the festavel and uni.
Si i decided that i am going to try and get a part time job at my local repshop (in Twyford) I am just wondering what do i need to get a job there like do i need to have owned a rep or do I just need a good understanding of reps also I have a thing about spiders is this a probelm or not hope you can help

Thanks

I think iv asked EVERY shop in the area :lol2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts