Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm after a super dwarf retic, Does anyone know where there's any for sale?

Preferably a female.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i was looking at these a while back, are they not well into the thousands?
would love a 'bino one

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Albinos are nige but normals shouldnt be more than £500.

If you can wait there will be some CB baby kayuadi available.

PLEASE stop referring to them as "superdwarves" as the name is missleading and open to interpretation that could leave you with a 15 footer.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
well, that got me mate to be honest.. i knew dwarfs could reach 15, so presumed supers would be smaller.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
The name superdwarf is a PITA.

A kayuadi retic will stay nice and small (well under 10 feet) but a jampea is more than capable of reaching 15 feet and beyond. I have seen both localities (and others) labelled as "superdwarves".

The term is just an American sales ploy and should be ignored completely. More and more Americans have now started to ignore it so it has no more place here than it ever has.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was going to say there were some dawarf retics in there, its the rep shop i use, i was in there the other day and had one of them out......... was very tempted but restrained myself!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info guys, the reason I asked was I'm thinking about buying one from a guy locally and wanted to know the rough price.
It's a Kayuadi, 4 year old female and he's selling it for £450.
Sounds about right from what I've seen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Peter here. I do indeed have a male Kayuadi for sale, although It looks like a suitable home may have been found for it.

The female is not a Kayuadi, but a kalaotao. It looks like I may well be keeping her now also.

Dan, you are spot on. Super dwarf is a "Cop out" bit of terminology from across the water which lumps all of the various Island locales together as one big cross bred amalgamation.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Hi, Peter here. I do indeed have a male Kayuadi for sale, although It looks like a suitable home may have been found for it.

The female is not a Kayuadi, but a kalaotao. It looks like I may well be keeping her now also.

Dan, you are spot on. Super dwarf is a "Cop out" bit of terminology from across the water which lumps all of the various Island locales together as one big cross bred amalgamation.
Hi Peter, i knew you had one of each - i just guessed the wrong way around :lol2:

Nice to see you here.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
ah so they grow less because there is not enough large pray on the island i supose. pretty cool they adapted that way :crazy:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts