Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

just wondering about supersnows (leo's).......some I have seen are very pale in the body with nice spot patterning, whereas some seem quite dark in the body with what seems to be much more spotting........

I want to know if one look is a 'better or more desired' look than the other, or is one look 'how it should look'..........

Lastly, if you breed 2 that are white/pale in the body with nice spotting, will the offspring come out like this or can they be dark bodied and heavy spotted :bash:

Cheers

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
Well, for your first question, beauty is in the eye of the buyer. Some people might want light, minimally spotted Supersnows; some people might prefer the more heavily spotted Supers.

I'd guess that if you line-bred for a few generations you could get a consistent light/pale line or a consistent dark/heavily spotted line ... but I don't know if FIRST-generation crosses would produce predictable results.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like them both to be honest, but think I prefer the lighter bodied ones.....but think i will end up buying both at some point :)

cheers

·
Registered
637 Posts
id pay more for a light coloured one than a darker one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts