Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to my local pet store today to get some more calcium supplement as i had ran out and they had sold out of the stuff i normal get so i brought this one called Komodo calcium supplement for carnivores and i was just wondering if this is ok for leopard geckos and bearded dragons to be dusted on there food everyday??

was just wondering because i know leos can OD on D3

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have a look on the ingredients at the back, does it have D3 listed? If so, how much per gram or per kg?
thanks for the reply and it dosent have a list of ingredient or anything this is all it says on it

Komodo Calcium with Vitamins for Carnivores 135gms. Komodo Calcium Supplement for Carnivores contains a broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals with extra calcium and no phosphorus designed to help provide a balanced diet for all carnivores reptiles and amphibians. It is the ideal supplement for animals receiving natural or artificial UVB light or that otherwise do not require higher amounts of additional D3. Komodo Carnivorous Supplement is specially formulated and prepared for maximum adhesion to insects and meat.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I use nutrabol for vatamins and d3 on saturdays and sundays.
I then use komodo cricket dust monday to friday for all my dragons.
It is made of 99% natural pure calcium carbonate. It says komodo cricket dust is an essential suppliment for insect eating speciessuch as bearded dragons leopard geckos chameleons and amphibians such as horned frogs.
This dust must be combined with uvb lighting and a supplimentary d3 suppliment. Readily accepted and easily absorbed.
I think it used to be called c alypso dust but changed its name.

Exellent stuff, never had a problem with it and all our dragons are in exellent health. i would recommend it

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use nutrabol for vatamins and d3 on saturdays and sundays.
I then use komodo cricket dust monday to friday for all my dragons.
It is made of 99% natural pure calcium carbonate. It says komodo cricket dust is an essential suppliment for insect eating speciessuch as bearded dragons leopard geckos chameleons and amphibians such as horned frogs.
This dust must be combined with uvb lighting and a supplimentary d3 suppliment. Readily accepted and easily absorbed.
I think it used to be called c alypso dust but changed its name.

Exellent stuff, never had a problem with it and all our dragons are in exellent health. i would recommend it
thanks for the reply i normaly use komodo cricket dust but the shop had sold out and the only other they had was komodo calcium supplement for carnivours and i was wondering if it contained D3 or not cus the lable isnt clear and the person at the shop had no idea what he was talking about

·
Registered
660 Posts
Pity your not closer to Coventry.. :sad: I'm sure the aquatics centre there sells "komodo cricket dust"

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pity your not closer to Coventry.. :sad: I'm sure the aquatics centre there sells "komodo cricket dust"
haha yea i always live far away from the good thing will take a trip tomorrow to try get some cant belive my local store sold out lol

·
Registered
559 Posts
All i can tell from a few minutes googling is this...

It looks like the product you've mentioned has very little D3. The reasons i think this are

1 - they also sell the same product but entitled 'with vitamin D3'

2 - The description says...

'It is the ideal supplement for animals receiving natural or artificial UVB light or that otherwise do not require higher amounts of additional D3'

Seems to suggest its more suited to reptiles who either dont need D3, or dont need additional D3 as its provided elsewhere by another means.

Hope this helped : victory:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the replie i think ill have to make a trip to get what i normaly use thanks for the info though was helpfull :):):)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts