·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
11,068 Posts
Thanks Ian!

As far as I know there isn't an anery Dione phenotype out there, but I guess you never know what can crop up.

I'll certainly keep an eye on that pale one.
Not anery but there is a melanistic form. That plus albino could then create a snow, as you have a genotype excluding all colour but black, and another excluding black. In theory, this could create a snow mutation.
In any case, you have two different hatchlings, clearly genetically different.
And I'm very envious!!!!!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not anery but there is a melanistic form. That plus albino could then create a snow, as you have a genotype excluding all colour but black, and another excluding black. In theory, this could create a snow mutation.
In any case, you have two different hatchlings, clearly genetically different.
And I'm very envious!!!!!
Melanistic being the nigrita? I've seen never one, but I was hoping to source one or two and pair them with an albino.

I'd pictured that project as leading to a solid pink dione once the double hets had been bred back to one another, although I don't know if the nigrita is solid black, or if there's a pattern that's drowned out by the black? If the latter, I was thinking an albino nigrita might just look like a regular albino, although your reasoning around a snow seems more logical.

The other hatchlings are out now and there seems to be an even split between the pale phenotype and the more orange one.

You're in Slough aren't you? I'm in Reading - pop over and see them, and see if you fancy one!

: victory:

Conners

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Remainder of the clutch has hatched.

100% fertility rate and 100% hatch rate, all healthy.

Vindicates my decision to breed albino x albino, which I haven't done before with any species. Couldn't get hold of any hets in this case.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Remainder of the clutch has hatched.

100% fertility rate and 100% hatch rate, all healthy.

Vindicates my decision to breed albino x albino, which I haven't done before with any species. Couldn't get hold of any hets in this case.

Wil you be at doncaster with these?

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Does not seem to be any issue with carpet pythons either. I also had no problems with albino kings and corns but that was over 20 years ago and maybe they were a bit less interbred back then?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.