Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen mentioned on quite a few threads lately people giving there snakes bath's to help exercise/poop if there not doing it to often, and just wondered what sort of safety protocols that are needed for this. I have a royal about 2 foot long and by now she must be in desperate need for a crap but dosn't seem to wanna go? She's been to the vets for this before (no crap for 2 1/2 months) and he just gave her a laxative injection and an enema. Didn't mention anything about bathing:S

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Vets wouldnt mention this, as most only think about money... and if they told you about bathing, they would lose out on a few bob

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Fill the bath up so it that it's comes say.. just over halfway up it's body. I feel uneasy putting snakes in water that they have to float in and can't rest on the bottom without going underwater. Make sure the water is tepid, not cold.. but not warm to your touch. Happy crapping : victory:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
as above basically.

Either the vets going to assume you've already done it, or
The vet knows less about exotics than you do or
He's just not the kindf of guy who will turn away £50 by telling you that you can DIY!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:flrt:Thanks muchly guys. Damn greedy vets:p
Cheers

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
My bloods enjoy a good swim excellent exercise for them as there quite lazy snakes.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts