Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is this i found going cheap at pet shop it was labeled unknown

the guy i got from said it he thought it was a curly hair (i dont )

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh and i think its b. kahlenbergi but want to be sure

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I'm not a T expert at all.... But could it be a phormictopus cancerides?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
nope- p.cancerides has a bronze carapace with a starburst on it.
Haha DEFINATELY not then :lol2: now I know a little bit more... Cheers : victory:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
more pics

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its not burrower it likes to make a web mat

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought that vagans had more defined red and more of it she is also rather gready which would make me think she has not long molted and she looks bright

·
Registered
33,399 Posts
I thought that vagans had more defined red and more of it she is also rather gready which would make me think she has not long molted and she looks bright
no, i said one of the vagans complex, which consists of several vagans lookalikes, including kahlenbergi- not necessarily vagans itself. it's the mat that makes me think a moult may be imminent- they do that to prepare for a moult. as for recent moults, i have a sub adult lasiodora striatipes- she moulted only 3 months ago, & already has a dark bald patch & has stopped feeding.

·
Arachnoholic
1,245 Posts
I would say B.vagans though I'm not 100% sure it would be my best guess.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi the only thing that points to a molt is the matting I have 18 other T,s and they all molt in the same way dark and dull and no food some with a small mat .......... This one is aggressive greedy has had 6 locust and a pinkie in a week has mattered the hole tank and is very bright in colour so there is no way I'd say she is ready for a molt

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it had a pinkie then a week later the locust not all together

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's still enough food to feed it for 6 weeks

Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk 2

what happened to a t having it fill all my others will have what they want then stop it just happend that she stopped at 6 (smallish locust) so then she is full im not power feeding just giving the t the choice when to stop same all my others the only other t i have that is will 3-4 in a feed is my lp and there all at room temp

so its what the t wanted who knows it might be stocking its self for winter afterall we cant say what it is so my brumate witch would make it feed like this or it may have been fasting and now wants it fill

im not force feeding

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok so maybe that was to close but can we move back to what is it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.