Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gorgeous big boy Misty showed his disgust at my boyf decision to sell him & tagged him yesterday (hehe) & it worked & we are now keeping him :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hes such a mummys boy, hasn't tagged me :D ..... yet :? lol I'm really pleased I get to keep him, didn't want to get rid of him anyway yey! :D [/img]

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TBH i'm not entirely sure why the snake tagging him has made him want to keep him... maybe something to with macho male pride??!?!? Blokes enlighten me please!!! Lol

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
smiley attack

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol I'm VERY pleased i get to keep him... lol if you didn't notice... look how totally GORGEOUS he is :) (just the one this time) :p (ok 2) lol

·
Banned
163 Posts
Cara said:
TBH i'm not entirely sure why the snake tagging him has made him want to keep him... maybe something to with macho male pride??!?!? Blokes enlighten me please!!! Lol
well im only 14 lol so might be different when im older but if it tagged me i would take it as a challenge to prove that no snake is putting me off lol

but anyways i wouldn't get rid of it anyways thats a real nice snake

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Awww c'mon,who doesn't fall in love with a snake who tags em?Don't know why it is,but it really does happen lol

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
he is lovely isn't he, fat pig too, ate 2 large mice the other day, tried to feed him a rat but he wasnt having any of it, picky little thing, guess i'll stick wiv mice then, lol no use trying to fix what aint broken as they say, if hes happy on mice then he can hav em!! lol :)

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
It's a challenge :D I spent a little while last night trying to get my amel to be handled! when i first got her she was more than happy to come out. For a little while she's been acting weird about it though. Last night she kept trying to tag me :D Was quite funny.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Trice said:
It's a challenge :D I spent a little while last night trying to get my amel to be handled! when i first got her she was more than happy to come out. For a little while she's been acting weird about it though. Last night she kept trying to tag me :D Was quite funny.
Maybe its coming up to shed trace?

Cara if you want him to take rats try defrosting the rat in with a mouse or rubbing the scent of the mouse onto the rat.. works sometimes!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dunno are they any better for him?? He seems perfectly happy on a couple of mice at a time, I'm not really fussed as long as hes eating!! I'v not been tagged yet... not really looking forward to it lol, just dont wanna hurt the snake coz my instant reaction would be to pull away & that can break their teeth cant it??

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
Nah mate, it shed 2 weeks ago, then again a few days ago. Looking really nice if i do say so myself. I think it's just a bit stroppy!

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Trice said:
Nah mate, it shed 2 weeks ago, then again a few days ago. Looking really nice if i do say so myself. I think it's just a bit stroppy!
Must be female :lol: !

Cara, Rats do have better nutritional value but to be honest there are many snakes that just take mice. All my snakes are on rats apart from my corn. The size difference between a rat and mouse just wouldn't fit right so he's staying on mice!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I might try scenting it then just to see if he will take, i think it may have been a bit big for him so may try him on a smaller one & defrost it with a mouse, most of my snakes are coming up to shed so they're all being irritable b*stards lol except Charlie (my blokes cali king) shes the most tame snake in the world, she doesn't even mind bein picked up & handled when her eyes r completely blue bless her! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts