Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I love the look of these snakes, does anyone here own one and willing to give some advice as Im thinking of getting one after crimbo.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
i have had them/bred them before,they are great snakes big and active and very food orientated! Hatchlings are usually nippy but calm with time and effort and are realatively cheap(£45-60 shop prices half for private sales)It may be worth geting an older animal as they often come up for sale and usually someone has done all the hard work!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks simon, i do think they look amazing. are they a ratsnake?

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
I believe they are rat snakes yeah.... I thought they were problem feeders to begin with though but can be wrong. Also I thin kthe normal size is between 6-8' but they are cracking looking snakes!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Yes they are a ratsnake but from asia(obviously!) rather than north america.They have lost popularity over the last few years i think due to a reputaion for"aggression" which is in fact feeding response mostly! They are a fast moving quick to bite spp as babies but i find grow out of this by yearling age,they are probably more suited to a second snake when this juvenile behaviour wont put the keeper off!
there is a guy in essex selling blue beauty snakes for £55 each they are nice too,i belive there is some pics of them on here recently

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Iv have had 4 Tai's and currently have 2 Blue Beauties. And as you may have guessed from a few of my posts in reply to people asking what they should get....They are bloody fantastic! My biggest female Tai that I had got to 5ft in her first year, and she just kept on growing!She ended up tipping 7ft. I had some other smaller ones and they grow at a phenomenal rate!Oh...and they eat anything....

They have got a reputation for being a bit temperemental, and for the babies Id say yes its true, but yearling + they are usually fine.

Being from Asia rather than North America like some other Rats and Corns, they need slightly lower temperatures, so long as you know this you will be fine.

Im my opinion there name is very fitting, they certainly are beauties in every respect :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Chinese beauty

I have recently purchased a Chinese beauty snake, it has fed perfectly every time and has great shed every time, she has never bitten and is apparently one of the most valuable rat snakes in the uk due to the Chinese beauty being very rare captive bred in the uk do t know if the rarity bit is true but they are good pets for a second snake, as they are VERY fast and nocturnal:welcome:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Iv have had 4 Tai's and currently have 2 Blue Beauties. And as you may have guessed from a few of my posts in reply to people asking what they should get....They are bloody fantastic! My biggest female Tai that I had got to 5ft in her first year, and she just kept on growing!She ended up tipping 7ft. I had some other smaller ones and they grow at a phenomenal rate!Oh...and they eat anything....

They have got a reputation for being a bit temperemental, and for the babies Id say yes its true, but yearling + they are usually fine.

Being from Asia rather than North America like some other Rats and Corns, they need slightly lower temperatures, so long as you know this you will be fine.

Im my opinion there name is very fitting, they certainly are beauties in every respect :lol: :lol:
I see you have a Chinese beauty rat snake, hello fellow owner, I have a female CBS and she is my pride and joy, do you know anything about rarity of these snakes in the uk, and how much did you pay for yours (wanna know If I got a good deal lol) thank you so much in advance for any information you may have on the rarity of these snakes and by the way you are the first owner other than me I have found on the forum :) also i am looking for a male to breed and am in Basingstoke near London so if you know anybody selling one I would be grateful :)

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
I see you have a Chinese beauty rat snake, hello fellow owner, I have a female CBS and she is my pride and joy, do you know anything about rarity of these snakes in the uk, and how much did you pay for yours (wanna know If I got a good deal lol) thank you so much in advance for any information you may have on the rarity of these snakes and by the way you are the first owner other than me I have found on the forum :) also i am looking for a male to breed and am in Basingstoke near London so if you know anybody selling one I would be grateful :)
Love this thread is from 2006, might want to start a new one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts