Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
haven't looked yet but just read a green anaconda care sheet (out of interest) and the record in the wild is 36.5 feet. unlikely to say the least. sounds like the bull shitters i met in bournemouth this weekend who were trying to persuade me not to get a retic as they'd seen a 21 foot sub adult female

·
Registered
137 Posts
i think theyre nuts lol,ive had a few animals in my time but theyres no way id have a anaconda that bloomin big :shock:

i think they should all have pics to prove they have such animals :0)

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
yep, bull shit. every story comes with some unbelievable tale about pulling snakes out of swamps or saving them from hunters

·
Registered
137 Posts
id be on there days trying to put all my pets on lol,it would have been worst if i tryed putting on all the animals ive taken in rescued and rehomed in the last 10 years :roll:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
especially if you had a story about each one like the ones on that sight

·
Registered
365 Posts
Lol I wouldn’t question what you haven’t seen. I saw a 22 foot Reticulated Python at 'Little Rays Reptile Zoo' in Ontario. It was as thick as my body; it could eat 40Lb Goat and is still growing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the stories of 40 foot snakes are true as snakes grow all of their life’s what stops them to get 40 feet long? Just plenty of humans to kill them I guess! That’s why they probably are not seen anyway - no time to grow!

·
Registered
44 Posts
What shop did you go to in bournemouth???

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
That anaconda info is clearly bullshit. My 10 year old son would probably sound a lot more convincing than that. Not only the size, but all the stuff he's talking there is absurd to say the least.

I've seen pro's struggling with anacondas way smaller than that, they are highly snappy in wild, the info doesn't tell where the bloke lives, but I take it would be not in the Amazon jungle in Brazil. By the way, I don't know of any deer season in that area anyway.

·
Registered
301 Posts
i don't think an anaconda would be able to live of 10 chickens a month,not a 38 footer any way!or however big its meant to be

·
Banned
163 Posts
lol had a look and the green anaconda one is a bit of a dodgy story :S lol and this boy sounds like hes only 10 anyways and he says he got the anaconda when it was 2 ( but he pulled it out of the swamp ?? how would he know ???) and he sounds ten and he says his anaconda is 10 now so the boy would've been only 2 or sumthing so he wouldn't be able to do sh*t with his dad and his dad would most probs get taken under by the snake anyways...

look at this !!! http://www.petreptiles.com/pets/showpet.php3?id=1496

also leopard geckos are under the amphibian section :lol:

the people on that site are obviously un-educated and most probably caught these animals in there back garden... or as the boy said caught it with their dad in the amazon rainforest whilst fighting off tigers and the local tribes and saved the world from aliens.

in other words half of the people on that site are bull sh*ters

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
absolute bullshit,a vegetarian crocodile? and it doesnt move and sounds like it is about to die because it is old? perhaps because it doesnt have meat is why its dying. and a 38' anaconda!!! retics get much bigger than anacondas and the worlds longest anaconda is only 33' absolute bullcrap.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
the veggy croc is absolute bullshit and the anaconda is aswell, they could have measured the anacondas shed skin though, it stretches when they shed, they're probably dipshits who dont know that or they are just full of shit.

·
Registered
365 Posts
lol sorry I didn’t go on to that site and read before I replied.... i'm laughing a lot right now at your replies lol

That kid knows nothing of snakes probably think a garden spider is a goliath bird eater or something... :roll:

omg... a two year old kid with a croc? *raises eyebrow* yea right... must be kids! they say they feed their crocs and aligators cats and reptiles lol

What is this site? it looks like a fake Reptile forums?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts