Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Sorry but I don't really see how you can put 3 completely different reptiles together and ask which is tamest... .

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have both beardies and snakes. Snakes do not become tame but do become tollerant of humans and being handled. My beardie sits on my shoulder for hours, just looking around if he wanted to run, nothing would stop him. He regularly comes to the shop with me, which gets me some funny looks. I have had him for a year now from small, became tame throuh regular handling. Can't really speak for the tortoise but can imagine them being as tame as a beardie.

Duzzie

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
From the way he is asking I would say he wants to know which you can handle more....I may be wrong though.... :?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Each Reptile, Let alone animal is like a person, they have personalitys. It could depend on what ever reasons, how much handled etc.

I would say they are extrmely close. beardies have been known to be a good handling pet, Corn snakes, a great first snake, not often any problems and the tortoise, I havent any bad things. Personally, depending on time you have with them, if you dont have alot of time, you should go for the tortoise.

But it really depends on what you want, they are all the same in prespective!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
As far as snakes go you can't get much tamer than a corn.
And compared to the others (beardie and tortoise) I reckon a corn would be easier to keep - e.g. eats frozen food, feeds once a week (or twice for hatchling), poos once a week and doesn't need UV.

Olli - why not go for a yearling corn? That is, one a year or so old? Then you can find one thats tame before you buy.

With any reptile it's not really a matter of "taming" them - some get used to being handled and accept it and some just don't - some will never become "tame" whatever you do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts