Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what will be the tamest out of a bearded dragon a corn snake and a hermanns tortoise ?

thx olli

·
Banned
3,993 Posts
If by tame you mean the one least bothered by being handled, it's important to know that all of these are essentially wild animals and handling should really be kept to a minimum. If you are looking for a creature that is geared to interact with humans you may be better getting a dog or cat, or even a parrot.
Hope this helps :wink:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Ollie our friend owns all three, he does have a large reptile collection. He finds his Hermann will "greet" him when he arrives home by coming in from the garden and doing circles around him albeit slow ones. Snakes from what I recall with recognise you by smell but will not form an emotional attachment to any extent, they will simply not fear you. As for a dragon they do love their heads being rubbed and can be deemed as "friendly" I guess but emotion wise and response to you, you are needing a species with the correct developed brain areas which reptiles don't really have unlike dogs, cats and even pigs, erm some birds too! I'm not knocking scales and voting fluff lol our friend's iggy is a 2 foot beast and he's very responsive to humans but I think the attention factor, if that is what you are after, will be found in the fluffier animals!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts