Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again i have asked this question before but i just want to make sure things are ok! i have 2 chili rose T's m&f housed seperartly. I was wanting to ask should T's eat every day? My T's NEVER refuse food and eat every day a cricket, locust or lobster roach, should i feed them every day, it certainly doesnt seem to be hurting them but should they be as hungry as this!! Also ive only had the T's about 2 months and was wondering when they moult? i am awaiting some books off amazon for the answers but in the meantime wondered if anyone can shed any light? Thanks as always peeps:2thumb:

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
I wouldnt feed adult Ts more than twice a week, and spiderlings 3 times a week personally, and as for shedding are they adult? if so I have had a chilean rose 18 months and its never shed.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
feed time

I wouldnt feed adult Ts more than twice a week, and spiderlings 3 times a week personally, and as for shedding are they adult? if so I have had a chilean rose 18 months and its never shed.
will it harm them feeding every day then? I would say they are adults well there big anyway! :rotfl:

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
feeding

it could harm them powerfeeding shortens lives I believe.
Thnaks for that thats why i asked! im not intentionaly over feeding its just that when you feed them they eat it so i presumed they must be hungry! they are very happy :)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
once week for a fattty of a t i think is enough:2thumb::2thumb:

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
i feed my Adult Ts once, maybe twice a week. Im actually rather impressed you have such greedy chile roses! As long as theyre nice and plump now id suggest cutting down their feeds to maybe once, twice a week. With the chile roses feeding temperament id be very happy with mine if it ate once a week! she hasnt eaten for about 3 months!
Although i must say, with adult Ts they usually wont eat more than their fill. Spiderlings have been known to over-eat but ive never heard it of an adult.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
T's feed

i feed my Adult Ts once, maybe twice a week. Im actually rather impressed you have such greedy chile roses! As long as theyre nice and plump now id suggest cutting down their feeds to maybe once, twice a week. With the chile roses feeding temperament id be very happy with mine if it ate once a week! she hasnt eaten for about 3 months!
Although i must say, with adult Ts they usually wont eat more than their fill. Spiderlings have been known to over-eat but ive never heard it of an adult.
Thanks for your help, its not like it takes them a long time as soon as you put them in its like Wham and they take it, im not sure how thold they are but they are easily 3" in length, they even tackle big locusts! :)

·
Registered
915 Posts
some of my T's feed every other day just depends on species and size, Species such as brachypelma albopilosum (curly hair ) and lasiodora parahybana ( salmon pink bird eater ) have very big appetites and will feed on muiltiple prey items at once

·
Registered
583 Posts
I feed once a week, some of the bigger ones get extra but generally once a week.

Chilean are very slow growers, at 3 inches they could take 3 to 6 months to shed, although being well fed may speed them up a shade

1 - 12 of 12 Posts