Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this little guy hatch out yesterday morning - I think he's just about the smallest beardie I've ever seen! He came from a bit of a dodgy egg; I didn't really expect it to hatch, then suddenly a head appeared.

So far I've been syringe feeding him to try to keep him going until he's rested enough to feed for himself. He's actually quite active though for a day-old beardie!

This is him sat on my thumb:

:flrt:

·
Registered
728 Posts
I had this little guy hatch out yesterday morning - I think he's just about the smallest beardie I've ever seen! He came from a bit of a dodgy egg; I didn't really expect it to hatch, then suddenly a head appeared.

So far I've been syringe feeding him to try to keep him going until he's rested enough to feed for himself. He's actually quite active though for a day-old beardie!

This is him sat on my thumb:

awww hes so cute bless him. we had a tiny one in our last clutch that we didnt think would survive hes now 5 weeks old n as active as anything. Keep us update on how he gets on xx

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Nawww!
That is soooo cute!
Want! :flrt:

You gunna keep the little critter?

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You gunna keep the little critter?
Possibly... I'll have to see how he grows (getting him hunting and making sure he actually survives is the priority now though).

He'll definitely be sticking around for a while just so I can check that I'm totally happy with him, even if I do decide to rehome him.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quick update and it's looking promising - he's in a proper setup now and has been running around like a loon, basking, and taking more food from a syringe. I'm going to give him a couple more days then try him on a cricket or two : victory:

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He's managed to eat his first crickets this morning, and did his first poo (from the probiotic/insect paste he had when he first hatched), so it's looking good for him at the moment!

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
very nice, hope the little fella does well
Thanks!

He's eating pretty well now. He was on his own but he's confident enough that I've moved him in with a couple of his siblings and he's getting his fair share of food and has grown noticeably - fingers crossed he'll put his bad start behind him and end up as a normal, healthy beardie!

·
Registered
149 Posts
hes so small! but so cute :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts